aaa Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive... - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 29-Dec-03  @  11:43 AM   -   Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Just got a new MSI CDW drive and Wavelab doesn't see it. When I go to write a CD, it just shows 'no selection' in the list of available devices. Anyone know of anything I can do to sort this out?

Steve.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/17             30-Dec-03  @  08:58 AM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Steve, the registry thing was most likely linked to the VOB driver update app. that comes with W/L. Not all drivers listed but there is definitely a generic MMC one listed that you can use for mostly everything (upto 8x supported I think)

Anyways, hope its workin' for you!

Marc_D

Message 12/17             30-Dec-03  @  11:20 AM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

Steve Roughley

Cheers. It is the MMC driver that has got my CD Drive working. Thing is though, it only allows me to record at 1x or 52x, so it may as well still be broken. There aren't many types of cheap CDRs that burn above 48x.

Oh well.

Steve.

Message 13/17             30-Dec-03  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

dARKSTATe

Ah ha.. thought it might be...

As for the CDwriting speed issue... funnily enough, wavelab don't arf 'ave some quirks! I got these black lacquered CDRs and in ALL other programmes 'cept Wavelab I can write to these at *any* speed I like! With Wavelab however, no writing speeds are available in the dropdown list and the thing insists on burning onto those black disks at max speed!!!! There doesn't seem to be any problems with the burns but go figure...

..took me ages to work out W/L had a problem with the media and that it wasn't my drive...

Anyways, you might find some joy going HERE for your cheap 52x blank CDRs (though I'm certain 48x tested ones work just fine..) - never had a problem with this firm and the discs are generally of a tip top standard!!

Message 14/17             30-Dec-03  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

Steve Roughley

Cheers for the link Marc. Just ordered 75 of those TDK 52x CDRs. Only cost £30 and they come with Jewel Cases. Spot On!

Steve.

Message 15/17             30-Dec-03  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

dARKSTATe

Now with anyluck, they'll show up on time and I won't look like a prize pilchard for suggesting a dodgy firm!!

In all seriousness though, the "unbranded" ones have worked just fine for pretty much every application you can think of so the TDKs should be schweet!

Happy new year mate!

Message 16/17             30-Dec-03  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

k

it really is about time Steinberg sorted out that whole section - it's been fragmented for years or the pages are 'Not found' and never seems to get properly sorted out as the years drag by regardless of website updates.

Message 17/17             30-Dec-03  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

Influx

steve did you try the file copy?

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)