aaa Old sayings, add yours - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Old sayings, add yours

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 18-Dec-09  @  05:46 AM   -   Old sayings, add yours

sitar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

sticks and stones may break my bones but guinness will never hurt me

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/17             16-Jan-10  @  07:55 PM   -   RE: Old sayings, add yours

Maarten

Link?: Link

Hey Beds! Occasional lurker still   For the most part spending time in the room next door with all the synthesizer toys, that or work to pay for my Eurorack modules- a cycle I'm forever caught in it seems. How have you been dood, are you still doing those tunes for the telly?

Message 12/17             18-Jan-10  @  04:07 PM   -   RE: Old sayings, add yours

Bedwyr

ah, last thing i did for teevee was music for a gardening show in 2008. Got married last year, just finishing off my computer science degree, then a proper job.

Message 13/17             19-Jan-10  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: Old sayings, add yours

sitar

Bedwyr wrote:

ah, last thing i did for teevee was music for a gardening
show in 2008. Got married last year, just finishing off my computer science degree, then a proper
job.

wow you did music for a TV show...awesome Beds. tough to get into in any way shape or form. and
awesome you got married too of course (don't let your wife read this post. she'll hate me without
even knowing me...sounds like i'm saying she's a "oh, and btw" moment)

Message 14/17             19-Jan-10  @  07:06 AM   -   RE: Old sayings, add yours

Bedwyr

i've done quite a few of them sitar, documentaries, kids animation series (now on al-jazeera!), community arts stuff etc.

i also got nominated for a BAFTA Cymru award for best original soundtrack in 2003 for a film [imdb] in 2004.

Message 15/17             19-Jan-10  @  12:26 PM   -   RE: Old sayings, add yours

k

did you ? well done mate!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 16/17             19-Jan-10  @  12:48 PM   -   RE: Old sayings, add yours

sitar

awesome

Message 17/17             20-Jan-10  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: Old sayings, add yours

Bedwyr

here's the track that plays over the credits

i got to go to an awards ceremony, it was shit though - didn't win and there wasn't enough booze - i went to pick up a bottle of wine off this empty table but got told off coz they were for the crew.

if you're ever in the position to possibly recieve an award, and don't want to face the ignominy of not winning, just don't reply to the letter asking if you're turning up. then they send you a letter asking you if you're really turning up and if not who do you want to represent you if you win.

coz if you're not going to win, they obviously don't give a shit.

not sure how it works for the oscars though

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)