aaa AWE64GOLD vs MALIBU64 vs HOMESTUDIO PRO64 ??? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: AWE64GOLD vs MALIBU64 vs HOMESTUDIO PRO64 ???

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 01-Jul-98  @  02:24 AM   -   AWE64GOLD vs MALIBU64 vs HOMESTUDIO PRO64 ???

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Considering my budget I narrowed down my choices to these three cards

They seem to give lots of bang for the bucks but are they good ? If so which one is the best.

I need a card that has decent recording capability and a good dance-oriented synth engine.

Any suggestions are welcome.......

Dal

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/19             07-Jul-98  @  06:24 PM   -   RE: AWE64GOLD vs MALIBU64 vs HOMESTUDIO PRO64 ???

MR NOBODY KICKED YOUR ASS MAN
CHECK OUT ALL THE NEW SHIT BEFORE YOU
PART WITH YOUR WELFARE MONEY

Message 12/19             07-Jul-98  @  06:45 PM   -   RE: AWE64GOLD vs MALIBU64 vs HOMESTUDIO PRO64 ???

99devils

I've got the TB Malibu... recording is decent, digital out is nice, but the synth engine blows!

Message 13/19             07-Jul-98  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: AWE64GOLD vs MALIBU64 vs HOMESTUDIO PRO64 ???

Clemens

Yeah..... do what you want to do and buy what you want to buy.....

I really love my maxisound, but there are other good cards available.

If you want to wait for some new soundcard, thats really ok !! Maybe IŽll buy another one in one year, who knows??

But, I would never purchase a brand new one cos there might be lots of trouble with drivers and sometimes with hardware, as well. Take for example the EWS64 when this card came out. Terratec had lots of problems, as you remember.

Ciao and good luck to you, Mr. Nobody :-))

Clemens

Message 14/19             08-Jul-98  @  12:39 AM   -   RE: AWE64GOLD vs MALIBU64 vs HOMESTUDIO PRO64 ???

Hi!

As i couldn't wait for the damn yamaha waveforce to come out i ordered the maxisound homestudio. I guess it will do what i want it to do....

The thing is i didnot check before the purchase whether the card will work with some of my software: gigasampler, rebirth, acid, fruity loops.

Anyways....do you know if it will ?

Dal

Message 15/19             08-Jul-98  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: AWE64GOLD vs MALIBU64 vs HOMESTUDIO PRO64 ???

Clemens

Hi!

It will work !!

Ciao

Clemens

Message 16/19             08-Jul-98  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: AWE64GOLD vs MALIBU64 vs HOMESTUDIO PRO64 ???

alugo

What about the fact that you can't assign the outputs on the HSP like you can on the Terratec. Or can any other card do that now??I'm really looking for a new card and I've decided on either getting the Terratec, the HSP, or a Gina. I really don't see the of having all of those outputs if you can't have like 3 software synths running at once while dumping it all to a mixer!! Any thoughts?

Islandman

Message 17/19             11-Jul-98  @  02:41 AM   -   RE: AWE64GOLD vs MALIBU64 vs HOMESTUDIO PRO64 ???

So why is my gigasampler getting stuck while initializing the soundcard at setup ?

What should i do ?

Dal

Message 18/19             11-Jul-98  @  02:41 AM   -   RE: AWE64GOLD vs MALIBU64 vs HOMESTUDIO PRO64 ???

So why is my gigasampler getting stuck while initializing the Maxisound soundcard at setup ?

What should i do ?

Dal

Message 19/19             11-Jul-98  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: AWE64GOLD vs MALIBU64 vs HOMESTUDIO PRO64 ???

Clemens

Hi!

Maybe Gigasampler is buggy :-)).

Ciao

Clemens

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)