aaa Lusting after UAD-1 sound? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Lusting after UAD-1 sound?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 05-Mar-03  @  12:31 PM     Edit: 05-Mar-03  |  12:32 PM   -   Lusting after UAD-1 sound?

psylichon

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Wow, check em out. Haven't been this excited about plugins since I heard the Waves stuff. And I really have never come across something that could replace those bread-and-butter plugins.

But these things are fookin' incredible! It doesn't mention Pultecs, LA-2A's, 1176's, or Fairchilds (!!!) in the literature, but that's what these are mimicking. And trust me, they're doing it very well. There's also a real dubby delay, a sick phaser and chorus. Tons of meaty plugins that run less CPU cycles than you'd think and sound absolutely incredible. Demo is available, with an annoying sign-in thingy. But do check em out if you're craving some good sounding warmth in your plugins. If analog, even-order harmonics are your thing, they're well worth the price.

I need to do some more hip-hop now! Put a 'pultec' PEQ2B on a loop and put something soft on the floor to catch your jaw!

Ok, enough raving now. I like them.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/19             07-Mar-03  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: Lusting after UAD-1 sound?

psylichon

Link?: Link

yeah, the names suck. that won't change.

I think the compressors are amazing. I find you often have to lower your signal going into them because their thresholds are very sensitive. They can be a bit tough to control, with tiny mouse movements resulting in big change. Not the smoothest compressors, but definitely tons of character.

You can think of a limiter as a compressor with a really high ratio and threshold settings with a fast attack and release. They're meant to catch transients and squash them without necessarily raising the overall volume of the track. The LA-2A (Blue LM2S) is great for transparent volume control of vocals and bass.

psy

Message 12/19             07-Mar-03  @  03:52 PM     Edit: 07-Mar-03  |  03:52 PM   -   RE: Lusting after UAD-1 sound?

§ï†ÅR

Thanks. I've heard that too heavy on a limiter can really take the life out of a track, but it seems they are always being used. I just have to learn how.

Message 13/19             07-Mar-03  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: Lusting after UAD-1 sound?

influx

Link?:  Link

$500 or less, actually.

the blues look cool tho, fo sho

Message 14/19             08-Mar-03  @  03:44 AM   -   RE: Lusting after UAD-1 sound?

§ï†ÅR

Yea I'm liking them. They really do add a lot of warmth.

Message 15/19             10-Mar-03  @  12:27 PM   -   RE: Lusting after UAD-1 sound?

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

I've just abused my CC again. I've had a play with these for a couple of days and they soudn amazing. I was a little tipsy last night so I've ordered the VST Pack (it's only £180 actually. The dynamics processors are worth that alone). I've now spent around £1500 on plugins alone in the last two years! And I haven't bought any new clothes in 6 months  

Now I hope they make a VST reverb for Windows. I imagine their reverb sounds absolutely amazing!

Regards.

Steve.

Message 16/19             10-Mar-03  @  12:48 PM   -   RE: Lusting after UAD-1 sound?

§ï†ÅR

LOL. With these plugins you don't need clothes. Your tracks will be the pants.

I was surprised the guy hasn't made a reverb. I love the chorus too. And the echo delay. The compressor is excellent.

Message 17/19             10-Mar-03  @  01:39 PM   -   RE: Lusting after UAD-1 sound?

milan

lol@ sitar :D

Message 18/19             10-Mar-03  @  02:12 PM   -   RE: Lusting after UAD-1 sound?

Steve Roughley

Message 19/19             10-Mar-03  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: Lusting after UAD-1 sound?

horizens

awful. just plain awful, man.

agreed on the bluetubes. they sound pretty dope.

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)