aaa Crowd Samples - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

27-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Crowd Samples

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 02-Apr-03  @  11:09 AM   -   Crowd Samples

R.A.T.

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi guysius

I've been looking for some real good club crowd samples. You know, the odd bit of general cheering, clapping and whistles you hear during a breakdown.

Anyone know of anywhere on the web or a sample CD that has this ?

Cheers

Matt

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/19             09-Apr-03  @  06:25 PM   -   RE: Crowd Samples

Bastiaan

Link?: Link

try oneshotsamples

they've got a lot...you do need to donate some samples of your own though b4 you can start d/l-ing...and the userinterface is a bit quirky

Message 12/19             09-Apr-03  @  11:31 PM   -   RE: Crowd Samples

errata

hey Jesse,

WHAT'S lame?! come on, why post if that's all you've got?

k, sounds like a brilliant take...

the trick is do you want Cheering? or just talking or ??? the post was for the gladhanding from a bunch of dancefloor urchins... couldn't you just do some of that yourself with overdubs? Maybe pitch your own voice a bit here and there to sound like girls and what-not? Seems like it work to me, as long as you did enough dubs and things...

besides, why not just let them do it when your playing out? or your track is being played anyway,... I mean, why fabricate a mood within a track when you can just give 'em a mood and let them do the sounds?

that's not a judgement, just curious as to what your motivation is?

e

Message 13/19             22-Apr-03  @  02:57 PM   -   RE: Crowd Samples

R.A.T.

e man,

You're right mate, dunno why is the answer, bit of an experiment really, just felt like my track would sound groovy with some whoops and whistles behind it.

And it does. Joy is the BBC are uploading thier sfx archive onto the web. CM gave away some freebies and lo-and-behold one of them was an 8 second crowd noise.

Been right fun mixing it into and our of itself with some FX and verb to make it sit in the mix.

Cheers,

Matt

Message 14/19             23-Apr-03  @  08:45 AM   -   RE: Crowd Samples

Filthy McNasty

I would have thought that xoxos would have offered a synth edit program to do crowd noises. xoxos?, You gonna tell us that you have a module that "does" white noise and for us to mess with that? :-)

Message 15/19             28-Apr-03  @  10:09 AM   -   RE: Crowd Samples

Bastiaan

Here's an Idea: start up Kazaa and look for live recordings...I got a bunch of great samples like that...also on the net when I googled for a 'crowd.wav' or something I got a great sample with hitler on it....don't know how to use though.

Message 16/19             28-Apr-03  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: Crowd Samples

beds

Link?:  Link

stick it in your sampler bas

Message 17/19             28-Apr-03  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: Crowd Samples

psylichon

lol. that just sounded.... wrong...

Message 18/19             07-May-03  @  09:32 AM   -   RE: Crowd Samples

Bastiaan

The thing with this 'hitler' dude is people get all nervous and jumpy when they hear his voice...hehe..maybe for some movie-score type of track I could use it...i mean when you hear him talk and understand the things he's saying...damn it's enough to run a chill down my spine...

Message 19/19             07-May-03  @  09:33 AM   -   RE: Crowd Samples

Bastiaan

p.s. the best crowdsamples are taken from recordings of live preformances or football matches...

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)