aaa rob papen/linplug - Albino - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: rob papen/linplug - Albino

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 16-Apr-03  @  10:01 PM   -   rob papen/linplug - Albino

k

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

what d'ya think? - ne1 use it?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/26             08-Jul-03  @  03:42 AM   -   RE: rob papen/linplug - Albino

mcc>

i wish i could say i'd gotten that deep yet...but i'm lucky to have time after work to get the thing open and play around and get a decent little pattern going.
am now just getting a grasp of the vsti thing.
got my cubase upgraded to 5.o from noah when i bought his old virus a so that world is finally open to me.
next track features albino as it's main sound.
pretty exciting stuff if you ask me>

Message 12/26             08-Jul-03  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: rob papen/linplug - Albino

k

Link?: Link

review's up on frontpage - it's a GORGEOUS synth, fuckin great sound!... any synth 'fiddlers' will love it I reckon it's so easy to create sounds with.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/26             09-Jul-03  @  04:20 AM   -   RE: rob papen/linplug - Albino

mcc>

it's hard to check out all the fat sounds when the first ones you hear make you want to just start playing and recording immediately!

Message 14/26             09-Jul-03  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: rob papen/linplug - Albino

k

lol - true, but it tell you what, I LOVE making sounds with this synth... checked out the drumsounds?... mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 15/26             10-Jul-03  @  01:27 AM   -   RE: rob papen/linplug - Albino

mcc>

submerged myself in the total explore-and-tweak mode last night.....it's so versatile and damn rich sounding.
to imagine something at this cost....doing sooo much.
it's one furious little beast for sure.

Message 16/26             10-Jul-03  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: rob papen/linplug - Albino

§ï†ÅR

I think I'm gonna download it by the weekend. I'm having so much fun with user made Reaktor for ensembles but this sounds cool.

Is there an advantage of ordering the cd though apart from not getting my own crushed box if I download?  

Message 17/26             10-Jul-03  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: rob papen/linplug - Albino

k

well you get the extra presets with the boxed version, although frankly, I cant see what prevents these presets from being passed around the www as no doubt they will (??)

look, regarding the box... that's the DT style.... the box got a bit squashed, this made the internal bit not stay fixed together & the extranal locating tabs wouldn't stay fixed together, and so to get the cd in/out or the book in/out etc you have to remove everything inside, i had to sticky-tape it together in order to get the tabs to stay locked together... but it's better than some NI product boxes, the internals of which are ludicrously comlicated... Now, NI used to use simple boxes, like with a lid that lifted off and a thin wrapper you slid over the box like a sleeve... I liked those best, simple box with a lid, they stand-up vertical on selves better too!... so dont take the box comments too hard, although i poersonaly dont like thin boxes with complicated construction 'locking tabs'.

Message 18/26             10-Jul-03  @  08:43 PM     Edit: 10-Jul-03  |  08:45 PM   -   RE: rob papen/linplug - Albino

§ï†ÅR

LOL! The box is no biggy. I thought it was funny. I think I remember stories about other pieces of kit showing up at DT's doorstep in smashed boxes.

But the extra presets are enough to make me wait for the cd. Plus when the inevitable computer upgrade comes around again it's always a bit of a pain to come up with all the serial numbers and executables.

It's just that I've quickly discovered that downloading gear leaves the wife out of the loop.

"More equipment!!!!"...the wife  

Message 19/26             10-Jul-03  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: rob papen/linplug - Albino

digital rust

spent some time with albino last night. it does some RAD
sounds. versatile as hell. loads of modulation functions.

sounds thick.

the digital oscs are especially cool. and morphing between
2 is nice as well.

nice review, k. after reading it i could totally use the plug
without reading the manual.

Message 20/26             11-Jul-03  @  03:40 AM   -   RE: rob papen/linplug - Albino

mcc>

thick describes the sound well.

can anybody tell whether using all four oscillators requires more cpu?
the demo seems to bug a little when i try to open those for tweaking.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)