aaa reason beware - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: reason beware

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 04-Aug-03  @  04:18 AM   -   reason beware

Broken Silence

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Brand new virtual studio progie that's ALOT like reason..check the pics

Also, it's only 79$-

Ultrano Homepage

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/41             07-Aug-03  @  10:13 AM   -   RE: reason beware

Ultranoz

Link?:  No link

Perhaps you'd want to see my explanation for this:

http://www.reasonstation.net/board/viewtopic.phtml?topic=22730&forum=13&start=0

Right now, the proggie isn't a great competition, but if I get enough support, I'll make it one of the best. Dreamer might seem dull, but I see you only view the snapshots. If you try it, you'll see that it's lightning-fast in DSP, and makes editing much easier even on slow cpus. But I guess you don't care about those 'transparent' things. Oh well...

Message 12/41             07-Aug-03  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: reason beware

k

my problems with it is that

1. the time-out is unrequired and happens just when you start to get into it and gives a feeling of irritation towards the programme.

2. no dialog for audio drivers, I set latency to 11ms on the display but it's more like 750ms, no ability to choose audio driver

3. NO help at all, my 'help file' menu item does nothing.

& it locked win XP when i tried to open HELP to a hard reboot which has never happened before with any programme.

I think your generaTORS NEED 2 SCREEN... a flip screen... one for the settings and one of the sequencer with a flip-switch or something. That way both the parameters settings and the sequencer would both have bigger displays, easier to read.

How do those comments grab you

without a help file it's hard to get to grips with for details I find... I like the overall look etc tho.

Message 13/41             07-Aug-03  @  12:33 PM   -   RE: reason beware

k

hmm... now the help is working when opened without the actual programme being open. I'll try them together again

Message 14/41             07-Aug-03  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: reason beware

k

nope - it locked the machine again... any ideas why?.. I can't even CTRL/ALT/DEL out of it... have to reset the pc. No probs with other apps on this pc, and to hard-boot a PC running XP is very unusual.

Message 15/41             07-Aug-03  @  02:12 PM   -   RE: reason beware

Ultranoz

the code for that is simple, and it executes the "dreamer.chm", but does not specify a directory. I haven't received reports about such a thing, and I'm sure everybody had opened the help file. DR uses the main driver you've selected in ControlPanel->Multimedia. Ain't that obvious? You have a bad DS driver.
20 minutes limit... why not blame pheads for such a thing, too. there's a reason for these 20 mins.

Message 16/41             07-Aug-03  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: reason beware

beds

Link?:  Link

what's the reason then? as far as i can tell it will only annoy people trying to get a feel for it. it does seem a little short to me.

anyway, i'm never gonna get into these types of programs, too much information on the screen at once, if i wanted a rack i'd get a real one. what i like about software is the flexibility to work as you want to not being tied down to little knobs and buttons on rack units. new wheels, please.

Message 17/41             07-Aug-03  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: reason beware

k

"Ain't that obvious?"

no, although I asked myself afterwards if it was the settings in control-panel... you should be aware that newbies will be your main target buyers as I'd say that the established 'old-timers' will be into whatever they are into, logic,SX, SONAR, fl-PRO, ORION-PLAT, REASON, Project5 or whatever.... so imo, better 'obvious' help would be a bonus perhaps?

I need to spend more time with it myself which brings us to point2

the time limit i cant see being a deterent to cracking or is there some arcane thing that cant be cracked with it?... besides, crackers use a registered copy which eventualy will be out there if not already.... You can't stop cracking as large corporations' attempts have shown, better to have a loyal user base me-thinks

Message 18/41             07-Aug-03  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: reason beware

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

dude if you're gonna be like this on all your "tech support" then you're not gonna get alot of people buying your shit.

Message 19/41             07-Aug-03  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: reason beware

ultrano

I'm not answering on tech support in this way.

Message 20/41             07-Aug-03  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: reason beware

huff

huff huff huff

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 41 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)