aaa dance sound effect - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: dance sound effect

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 23-Aug-97  @  01:13 PM   -   dance sound effect

junoboy

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

THIS SITE LOOKS MUCH BETTER KILO,IT'S
A PLEASURE TO READ AND USE.

ANYWAYS,A SOUND EFFECT I HEAR MORE
AND MORE OF AND WHICH I REALLY LOVE
IS A KIND OF STUTTERING EFFECT. YOU HEAR IT A LOT IN TRANCE AND TECHNO STYLE MUSIC,IT GIVES THE CHORDS A STACCATO TYPE EFFECT. HOW IS THIS ACHIEVED? IS IT SOME KIND OF FILTER?
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/20             09-Oct-97  @  02:29 AM   -   RE: dance sound effect

Peezahj

Link?:  Link

Hate to drag this old one up, but I'm not sure if it was answered correctly, or if something else couldn't be made of it. Yes, with gated pads, this seems to be the trick, but how 'bout the super-deep bouncing nitrous effect sound, which is what I think of the topic (HHHiiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhheeeeeerrrrrrr SSSttttaaaaaatttteeeee ooooofffffff Ccooooonnnnnsssssccccciiiiiioooouuussssnnneeessss)
Is it possible to route the retrigger to start at the last point left off, so that an lfo will effectively spread the sample out twice as long? ie, the sound's cut up, not cut out (as with a gate).

Hilevelt

Message 12/20             09-Oct-97  @  02:04 PM   -   RE: dance sound effect

KILO

nope......the gate will simply open & close the sound....youd have to do the other with a sampler or h/d stuff....chop it up...

Message 13/20             10-Oct-97  @  10:17 AM   -   RE: dance sound effect

Peezahj

That's what I mean, is it possible to get the sampler to do it automatically, for instance by setting the lfo to cut the sound off, and then start it at the same point (not the beginning, as with retrigger), effectively cutting it all up, but without all the tedious work? Can't figure it on my own.

Hilevelt

Message 14/20             10-Oct-97  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: dance sound effect

-

Check out the PreSonus ACP-22. Great sounding compressor/gate with fantastic i/o specs. Cheap, too (under $300). It's got key inputs for the gates, and unlike most budget gates that come with a compressor, it has variable attack/release times.

Message 15/20             12-Oct-97  @  03:30 PM   -   RE: dance sound effect

Ufo

Yo Hilevelt. I think the "higher-state-effect" is nothing but timestretching. Cheezy time stretch echoes witch makes a tremolo-type of effect. Try taking a "speak-sample" n' stretch (expand)it out using soundforge mode: speach1 with maximal expansion-length.
Best regards.

Message 16/20             12-Oct-97  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: dance sound effect

Brenballs

Yeah, the MIDI way of doing it sounds absolutely crap, especially if it is actually a spoken or sung phrase as opposed to just an 'Oooooooohh' Because you chop bits of the phrase off.......Hilevelt, tell me more about this retrigger thing, I'm just curious if my sampler can do it (E-mu ESI 4000)?? ......must check it out later!

Bren.

Message 17/20             12-Oct-97  @  08:36 PM   -   RE: dance sound effect

Peezahj

Yes, the esi-4000 does it, though I don't know if you can route it as flexibly as my e6400. I hope so, 'cause the guy who bought it from me's picking it up tomorrow, so I'm gonna get an esi-32 (ie tell me more about yours, pls).
Basically, it re-triggers the sound, starts it over again, and if you route this to the mod wheel with a percussion sound, hold down the note, and move the wheel, you'll hear the retriggering speed or slow down. Classic jungle effect.
Now I wanna know how to set different retrigger points, which I guess is mainly what I'm asking. I've still got a k2000, anyone know if it's possible on that?

Hilevelt

Message 18/20             13-Oct-97  @  06:02 AM   -   RE: dance sound effect

Junoboy

Still trying to find a gate with a trigger input thats available
in the uk....anyone know where I can get one??

Message 19/20             13-Oct-97  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: dance sound effect

kilo

try TURNKEY in London...... they buy in massive bulk, so tend to offer cheap prices for new items of that type....

Message 20/20             14-Oct-97  @  09:02 PM   -   RE: dance sound effect

làge synthetique

Hi,
If you got enough Money, buy a Noise Gate that you can
trigger by MIDI like the Drawmer DS 301......it´s better
like the sidechain solution.

Pages: 1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)