aaa gosh durn blue screen on boot - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: gosh durn blue screen on boot

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 05-Nov-03  @  08:31 AM   -   gosh durn blue screen on boot

influx

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

ok..made some changes recently to the audio box.

added 512mb ram
new processor athlon XP2400
added, or rather replaced, a hard drive

theres two IDE hds running, one 20gig for apps, one 80gig partitioned for audio/backup

so...it was all working great...but, now, when its booting I get a blue screen that says something along the lines of "hardware malfunction. please contact your hardware manufacturer. system has halted"

the first time it did it I just hard reset and fired up...then tonight it did it twice before firing up, and now...wont boot to windows

I tried disconnecting the additional drive, took out a RAM chip, etc...but still

SO...it seems it might be the 20gig causing problems...

my question is this...when I put the new drive in, I used partition magic to delete/merge a partition that was on the 20 gig, where it used to be C/E drive, i made it just C:

Ive read that PM can cause some funny shit...could that be it?

anyone?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/23             07-Jan-04  @  01:28 AM   -   RE: gosh durn blue screen on boot

Influx

Link?: Link

PHWOAAAAAARRRRRRRRR IM GONNA KILL SOMETHING

still fucked up. GRRRRRRR

heh. I was all excited

Message 22/23             07-Jan-04  @  05:42 AM   -   RE: gosh durn blue screen on boot

psylichon

did you put it on super retardo slow memory speed settings?

Message 23/23             07-Jan-04  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: gosh durn blue screen on boot

Influx

"normal"

latency at 2.5...some other slow shit...

fudge

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)