aaa Lucid Dreaming - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Lucid Dreaming

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 28-Sep-02  @  10:55 PM   -   Lucid Dreaming

psylichon

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Just wanted to know if any of you do it on a regular basis. I find it fascinating, personally, but I'm not very good at it. I'm not a very good dreamer at all.

psylichon

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/25             02-Oct-02  @  06:05 PM   -   RE: Lucid Dreaming

psylichon

Link?: Link

ok, let me break down my logic. Dude said he gets high in his dreams, I thought about it and agreed. Yet this doesn't seem to coincide with my experience that I can't quench my thirst in my dreams. They both seem like bodily things, so why does one work and the other doesn't?

psylichon

Message 22/25             02-Oct-02  @  06:26 PM   -   RE: Lucid Dreaming

errata

Link?:  No link

getting high is an effect... recreational and unimportant.

Quenching thirst bears a great degree of symbolism for the human psyche. Unsatisfied desires and clinging to unsatisfying methods are just a pair of examples for why drinking water would not quench thrist in a dream.

Unless you're a junkie, drugs just don't carry the same weight in the subconscious mind. At least for the typical person.

Like when I walk in dreams I have no problem getting from here to there. But when I have a fight in a dream, it's like there's this terrible weight in my arms and I move real slow and my violent attempts become very exagerated and self defeating. Walking is so trivial, why waste time on it as a medium? But violence... agression, now there's an opportunity for reflection!

e

Message 23/25             02-Oct-02  @  08:09 PM   -   RE: Lucid Dreaming

Zazza

Link?:  No link

I can fly in my dreams.. which is very cool..

Message 24/25             02-Oct-02  @  10:20 PM   -   RE: Lucid Dreaming

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

here:

when you get high in a dream your head says "i am smoking, i am getting high, ok." but when you drink in your dream, your head asks "stomach, am i drinking anything?" your stomach says "no"

maybe next time im lucid i will try some shots...

Message 25/25             02-Oct-02  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: Lucid Dreaming

Boo

Link?:  Link

I've not really attained full lucidity, but I've been reading the Munroe Astral Projection stuff and getting into it. The only difference I see between lucidity and AP is the method in which you use to get there.

The other day, I woke up in the middle of the night and decided to try projecting because being half asleep is an ideal opportunity to attempt projection - Body comfortable and rested, see?

To cut a long story short, I got the numb body sleep paralysis feeling and when I managed projection, I ended up in a monochromatic pixellated world that I just had to get out of because it was fuzzy and hard to see well in.

I'm making progress, but it's hard work. I'd like to be able to EP as well as AP and lucid dream.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)