aaa bin tryin' softs again to no avail! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: bin tryin' softs again to no avail!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  11:42 PM     Edit: 05-Nov-02  |  11:46 PM   -   bin tryin' softs again to no avail!

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I've been trying to get soft synths working on my pc again, but they just hate working. Some of you will remember my dilemma with distorting soft synths. Well I tried tackling the problem again and it just isn't happening. So I thought maybe you guys would have some fresh ideas.

I have been getting frustrated with not being able to run soft synths, especially as xoxos is creating so many damned programs that look quite tasty. I tried running xoxos' Kerei (must thank you again for sending me that prog mate!), ES2, ES1 and Absynth but they all start sounding horribly distorted after 10 minutes of use. Even after I restart, delete the page-file, re-install, etc, etc.

So, any ideas???

FYI, here's my setup:

Gigabyte GA-7DXR running:
AMD761 Chipset;
AMD T-Bird 1.4Ghz;
512MB Generic DDR RAM;
40GB Fujitsu MPG3409AH ATA100;
40GB IBM Deskstar ATA100;
MT4 MIDI I/F;
Audiowerk8 MIDI I/F;
Matrox G550 Graphics;
Win2K;
Logic 5.3 (upgrade from 4.0)

Regards.

Steve.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/28             13-Jul-03  @  01:32 PM   -   RE: bin tryin' softs again to no avail!

beds

Link?:  Link

finally made it out of the stone age!

congratulations. what a bummer though eh? wouldn't happen on a mac would it? pfff

Message 22/28             14-Jul-03  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: bin tryin' softs again to no avail!

k

shall we file this under:

"don't use via chipsets for music, use amd ones" *cough*

or was it an Nvidia chipset?

Message 23/28             14-Jul-03  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: bin tryin' softs again to no avail!

Influx

Link?: Link

VIA works FINE

Message 24/28             14-Jul-03  @  08:40 PM   -   RE: bin tryin' softs again to no avail!

Moujik

Link?:  Link

Agree with Influx 100% - never had any problems with audio on my VIA chipset PC.

Message 25/28             15-Jul-03  @  02:30 PM   -   RE: bin tryin' softs again to no avail!

dARKSTATe

Thirded... Remember VIA Pre KT266A = BAD... but then we've been down this road Neo..

Message 26/28             15-Jul-03  @  03:25 PM   -   RE: bin tryin' softs again to no avail!

k

i mean is the new abit steve bought a via chipset or nvidia

??

Message 27/28             15-Jul-03  @  04:32 PM   -   RE: bin tryin' softs again to no avail!

dARKSTATe

Only allah knows..

Message 28/28             15-Jul-03  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: bin tryin' softs again to no avail!

Steve Roughley

It's a nVidia Nforce (ABIT NV7). This probably wasn't a chipset problem anyway, as I have made 2 DAW's for mates that make use of the ABIT boards with the AMD761 chipset (exactly the same as the GA7DXR) and they are still goin' fine. And I have now heard of two other GA7DXR users with the same problem.

Regards.

Steve.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)