aaa september 11th - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: september 11th

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19

Original Message                 Date: 11-Sep-02  @  08:27 PM   -   september 11th

Brett

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

a well done slide show.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/188             12-Sep-02  @  01:11 AM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

Link?: Link

funny thing about that...a lot of people think that it was all about 'freedom for the people',...but Ive read conflicting accounts that make it out to be little more than another power struggle...with the shift going toward a different wealthy controlling group, but still wealthy and controlling nonetheless

anyway...it really is sad what happened, and it DID happen today, so today is an appropriate day to commemorate

but..that slideshow...it said something about it being done so that we dont forget why we're fighting?

blech!

Message 22/188             12-Sep-02  @  01:13 AM     Edit: 12-Sep-02  |  01:15 AM   -   RE: september 11th

pict

Link?:  No link

I think many people in Europe are very uncomfortable with all the American shield rattling going on and even though the vast majority of Europeans were horrified by the attacks on the US they do not want another country to be attacked in their name without incontravertible proof of malicious intent.I don't like how the the US government are using the events of last year to justify anything they want and I think it would be rash in the extreme to attack Iraq which is looking ever more inevitable the stink of propaganda is thick on the airwaves.

Message 23/188             12-Sep-02  @  03:03 AM   -   RE: september 11th

formant

you people in britain just dont get it...

if things continue the way they are going you will be a muslim country with no freedom of religion. my friend in leeds tells me now they are turning churches into mosques because no one in britain bothers with church anymore. you can bet the mosques are full tho.

don't say it can't happen because it is happening under your very noses.

there are peaceful ways to convert countries to muslim (out breed the locals) and there are overtly hostile ways to convert countries to muslim.

anyone remember reading the history books? this stuff has all played out before.

i am not talking about crusades or even the reformation.

i am talking about religion joined with government...

if you think that *any* of the muslim nations don't want to put the entire world under their thumb then you are turning a blind eye.

thats the big picture and while it may not affect any one of us this decade it *will* be a defining role in the future of our children and their children.

i may not like the xoxos religion (he has a cult following now btw :-) jk... but i am *very* glad he is allowed to have his religion.

i hope it stays that way forever...

now you guys can rant all about how its the oil etc... but its more about the way of life we have in this country and even the right for people like influx to make political comments like he does and not get thrown into prison.

there are two huge areas of the world that will *flatten* western culture any chance they get.... one is china and the other is the muslim world.

thats a whole lotta people hating not only the US but the EU and all the other free nations of the world.

are we going to war? i dunno. i am powerless to stop it. but at least wait and hear the reasons if we do go to war.

GB means nothing. you people would be doing the same whining crap if gore was in office so stop to consider whats at stake instead of the fact you don't like the guy in office.

jamey

Message 24/188             12-Sep-02  @  03:07 AM   -   RE: september 11th

come selecta

i think most in the us of a don't get it...for reals..

^

Message 25/188             12-Sep-02  @  04:02 AM   -   RE: september 11th

Brett

i actaully think you are out of touch with what the majority of our country is thinking. I travel and talk to people all over. you are not even on the same page man.

Message 26/188             12-Sep-02  @  04:50 AM   -   RE: september 11th

influx

oh fuck it.

Message 27/188             12-Sep-02  @  04:52 AM   -   RE: september 11th

Pongoid

Ok, kiddies, now let's really take a moment to reflect upon last year's events and what has happened since.

How many of ours died?

How many of "theirs" died...whoever "they" might be?

How many of those were "innocent casualties"?

When the hell are people going to get it through their thick fucking PC squeamish little pin-head skulls that soldiers are not the only people to die in war, never have been, and never will be?

How has the media helped put confidence back into the economy?

How has business been since the towers tumbled?

Who HAS done well since then?

Where did the 40 billion dollars without a receipt go?

How is our intelligence community doing?

Did we get the "bad guy" and all his flunkies?

Do you feel any safer?

Is flying a more secure mode of transportation now?

How are other forms of transport doing these days?

Have rail prices dropped?

Are we doing anything to improve transportation, using resources that don't rely so much on Middle Eastern interests?

Are we developing technologies that make us safer or just pry into the general public's private lives?

How has the Music industry been doing?

How are record distributors doing?

How about it for live gigs? More or less than before a year ago?

Where did folks take the wrong turns and the right ones, and how can we either undo, or move on from the damage and get to doing productive things that will improve all our lives and keep events like this from happening in both directions?

Muslims and Chinese want everybody under their thumbs?

Are we (US) a better alternative?

Can we be (all) better?

What would the world be like without our (US) influence or presence?

What are the alternatives?

These I think are topics for reflection on this day. I hope that they help to inspire you to make our world better. Peace all, everywhere.

Ape

Message 28/188             12-Sep-02  @  08:52 AM   -   RE: september 11th

banned wagon

Lest we forget

"and being a native of New York, I am a little disappointed by the attitude with which so many of you responed to this and our president. there is a war coming, you should figure out how to deal with it.... with anger and hostility to your own countrymen, by being snide jackasses with nothing but negativity to those trying to solve the problem facing us, or doing what is necassary to keep us strong as a nation. The problem in the middle east has come to us, now we will go to it and try and end it, if not subdue it for as long as posible. I don;t think we will ever be safe from terrorism, but we will never be oblivious to it again. Preemptive measures need to exercised. And tust they will be. Let's see what congress has to say!"

Message 29/188             12-Sep-02  @  08:53 AM   -   RE: september 11th

Zazza

'if things continue the way they are going you will be a muslim country'

mmmmm, yes of course we are... what can we possibly do to prevent that.. they are trying to outbreed us and will eventually convert all the christians.. what to do eh?

I know!

1) Remove their right to religious freedom

2) Invade them and impose our political system.

After all, we dont want to live in a world where people aren't allowed freedom of religion and the right to be determine their own future... excellent plan!

Message 30/188             12-Sep-02  @  09:21 AM   -   RE: september 11th

bastiaan

People are talking about the war on Iraq. Why? How is getting rid of Saddam going to prevent the next terrorist attack on the US? How is 'subdueing' the middle-east going to prevent the next terrorist attack on the US? Wasn't it these kind of selfish actions that spawned the hatred in the M.E. for the US and Europe in the first place? When people talk about Saddam for example, do they even realize that a LARGE part of that country isn't even a muslim? (Tariq Aziz is a christian, just like many of those upstanding folks in the US)

Yes, we should get rid of Saddam. But what's afer that? If *we* are not prepered to share the power, the wealth of the earth and the air we breathe with the people in the M.E. the only other option is extermination. Total extermination. And remember that neither side will go 'down' without dragging a substantial part of the other down with them.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19

There are 188 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)