aaa Does Paul McCartney suck? - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Does Paul McCartney suck?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 15-May-03  @  10:13 PM   -   Does Paul McCartney suck?

OMO

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Since he married Heather Mills? A program about her on the television last week, showed her for what she is - a gold digger. So does poor old Paul suck, or is he a sucker?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/55             21-May-03  @  09:07 AM   -   RE: Does Paul McCartney suck?

dubmunkey

am sure the JB's were being funky at the time, Larry Graham certainly was so there was certainly slappin' and poppin' going on at that time...

Greg

Message 42/55             21-May-03  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: Does Paul McCartney suck?

man called clay

anybody know when the term funk came into existence as a musical reference?

Message 43/55             21-May-03  @  03:05 PM   -   RE: Does Paul McCartney suck?

d

So is a "good musician" one who with the taste to play just what is needed in timeless works of his own composition or someone who is particularly adept at finger gymnastics, taste be damned? (I can hear that shit at GC any night of the week with shredders doing their trying-out-an-axe routine.) There's a George Benson record, "The Other Side of Abbey Road," that shows how lame the results can be when "good musicians" get ahold of Beatles songs. Why is it that no covers of their music hold up to the originals? Saying he's not a great musician is like saying Paul Klee or Joan Miro were great picture makers but not great painters.

Message 44/55             21-May-03  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: Does Paul McCartney suck?

dubmunkey

funk means a number of things in its earliest slang form- meaning stink, earthyness, basically has natural and primal permutations.....my bet is the evolution of its use follows a similar path as jazz, or 'Jas' as it was originally called...

Greg (all imho)

Message 45/55             21-May-03  @  03:43 PM   -   RE: Does Paul McCartney suck?

dubmunkey

id say Joe Cocker's cover of 'a little help from my friends' certainly holds up to the original, in fact imho beats the hell out of the original.....

Greg

Message 46/55             21-May-03  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: Does Paul McCartney suck?

spectre!

Yeah, I agree with d. Musical ability doesn't automatically equate to the ability to make good music. There are plenty of "shredders" that make absolutely terrible music, and vice-versa.

Message 47/55             21-May-03  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: Does Paul McCartney suck?

errata

it's semantics, man! I'd personaly say they were great artists who made music... i do see the distinction between a great musician, and a great music maker!

Paul Klee was a bad painter, but a great artist who made great paintings.

Shrug...

Semantics make for stupid arguments though. Don't they?

e

Message 48/55             22-May-03  @  12:36 AM   -   RE: Does Paul McCartney suck?

xoxos

Link?: Link

not as much as the lack of making for stupid conversation

i mean you gotta *read* crowley.. young!

Message 49/55             22-May-03  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: Does Paul McCartney suck?

GrooveMonkey

Link?: Link

Pict. You are quite right.. but that dosen't mean that my opinion can't differ!

Message 50/55             22-May-03  @  12:46 AM   -   RE: Does Paul McCartney suck?

man called clay

you mean alistair?.....jimmy page's hero? so much his zeppelin's hero that he paid 40,000 pound or dollars for his friigin warlock's cloak?!!!!

that's way too deep for me.
i'm straight-up working class...perhaps a little french wine and some english cheese...but hey....
"evil" ain't where it's at unless you're the government...of course.
illuminati....etc.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 55 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)