aaa so who plays proper instruments? - Live / PA / gigging forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: so who plays proper instruments?

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 31-Mar-02  @  02:32 PM   -   so who plays proper instruments?

bedwyr

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

hehe! "proper"

anyway, i've played sax in various bands for the last ten years, how about you lot then?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 51/87             19-Apr-02  @  03:05 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

xoxos

Link?: Link

you gotta watch the pegs on those things k  

Message 52/87             19-Apr-02  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

frostbyte

Link?:  No link

he he ! kick it !!! nothing like axe slingning

Message 53/87             20-Apr-02  @  12:15 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

sitarsong

Call your act Band Aid. Everyone'll think at first you're doing charity concerts.

No rusty strings though. You don't use steel wire on a bass do you?

Message 54/87             21-Apr-02  @  10:04 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

brad

The best thing I play is jaw harp. Yeah you know, jew's harp or whatever...I picked it up years ago and I dunno, got good at it.

Sort of saved our asses (me&Marianne) a few years ago at one of our very first gigs in Chicago. I was basically just backing her w/ an s20 playing loops and stuff. Turned everything off after we were done but they wanted more! SO I had to bust some boing-boing on 'em, Marianne accompanied on XP-50 drumz.

Yep, everyone loves a jaw harp ;-)

Message 55/87             21-Apr-02  @  11:22 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

influx

oh dude, brad, PLEASE send me some loops, PLEEEEEZZZZZZZ?

I guess I could go sample Peanuts.

Message 56/87             21-Apr-02  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

xoxos

i've got a stacciapensieri (toffish peal of lafter) the 'lamborghini' of JAH harps.. planar design. much less vibration-to-teeth, you maybe try, you like!

i understand that certain vectors in the orient consider metal ones to be too loud, not appropriate for correct meditative playing..

influx: take yer lunch money and tottle down to your local folky place.

Message 57/87             21-Apr-02  @  10:32 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

influx

had one. never could get it to make the good noises. not enough practice maybe?

Message 58/87             22-Apr-02  @  02:42 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

xoxos

sorry, it's scacciapensieri, i'm just fond of those fuzzy lil' stachys byzantium thingys.

did a search, came up with nothing.. had to mention that (since there's prolly been a dozen manufs come and gone since then) in addition to the frame being stamped out of a flat sheet, this model extends past the plucky bit and joins at the end which really minimises the amount of vibration passed through to your teeth/skull region.

if you've only tried the conventional 'snoopy' type, i don't blame you at all. those things are absolute murder.

hey i'm all excited. i'll set up my scanner now because i can. i show.

Message 59/87             22-Apr-02  @  03:18 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

damballah

I always seem to smack the shit outta my incisors with the springy part. nahht frickin pleasant at all. spit. spit.

Message 60/87             22-Apr-02  @  08:55 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

sitar

Link?:  Link

Stick with Kazoos. They're child safe.

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 87 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot