aaa that time of the month? - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: that time of the month?

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Original Message                 Date: 13-Dec-02  @  02:58 PM   -   that time of the month?

psylichon

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

"A study in Wisconsin showed that the kind of male face a woman finds attractive can differ - depending on where a woman is in her menstrual cycle. For instance, if she is ovulating, she is attracted to men with rugged and masculine features. And if she is menstruating, she is more prone to be attracted to a man with scissors shoved in his temple and a bat jammed up his ass while he is on fire."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

psy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 91/101             07-Jan-03  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

errata

Link?:  No link

I cannot IMAGINE what it must be like to be 13 years old and have some 40 year old lear at me as I walk through the mall. Such interactions would easily shape my opinions and social values.

And I DO NOT want to imagine what it would be like to be jealous of the girls that get the learing if I didn't! It's not a kids fault if they feel that way. It's what's put in their heads... and parents can't prevent it. It's a cultural thing.

These things are a Fact of our culture (probably of human cultures et al...) and It's not like I'm focusing on that one thing, but it makes a good illustaration to people who don't think there are inherent differences to being male/female.

e

Message 92/101             07-Jan-03  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

psylichon

Link?: Link

Agreed, e, but it's also a two-way thing. I know I don't look at a 13-year-old at the mall no matter how cute she is if she's wearing a sweatsuit. Too often that isn't the case, however. You dress like an adult, and you will be treated as one. Makes sense to me.

Of course, there are those who will say that it is BECAUSE the men leer at her that she feels the need to dress like that, but then it gets into a big chicken/egg thing doesn't it? I say it's all Brittany's fault. That bitch...

psy

Message 93/101             08-Jan-03  @  07:07 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

errata

It's a cultural perception of women! a girl might dress like that because she seeks validation (I'm not female, so I'm guessing at the motivations). If we validated women in ways other than sexual advances I'd bet it would be a non issue. And I'm not talking about guys here really (not exclusively)... women encourage it in one another as well... by putting the girl down, and abusing her for finding self worth in something other than her body.

Happens to men too, in different ways! Hell, something has been reinforcing that 40 year old's perception of a prepubesent girl as a sex object!

Maybe it is Brittany. Naw! She's a product of this crap as well!

e

Message 94/101             08-Jan-03  @  07:31 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

influx

"I've noticed that during teenage years when some kids get really into music, girls will tend to pick up musicians rather than picking up instruments"

damn, M...what an insightful statement!

gonna go chew on that one a bit. Sure is nice to have smart girls around who picked up instruments instead of boys 

Message 95/101             09-Jan-03  @  01:18 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

marianimal

I spose that old outta tune piano was easier to deal with than the awful boys at my high school. ;-)

Message 96/101             09-Jan-03  @  12:58 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Jock

Our piano was fine at school, it was the teachers that were out of tune.

Message 97/101             11-Jan-03  @  03:57 AM   -   RE: that time of the month?

psylichon

A new blonde employee is hired at the Tickle Me Elmo factory.
The personnel manager explains her duties, and tells her to
report to work promptly at 8:00 am.

The next day at 8:45am, there's a knock at the personnel
manager's door. The assembly line foreman comes in and
starts ranting about this new employee. He says she's
incredibly slow, and the whole line is backing up.

The foreman takes the personnel manager down to the
factory floor to show him the problem.

Sure enough, Elmos are backed up all over the place.
At the end of the line is the new employee. She has a
roll of the material used for the Elmos and a big
bag of marbles.

They both watch as she cuts a little piece of fabric,
wraps it around two marbles, and starts sewing the
little package between Elmo's legs.

The personnel manager starts laughing hysterically.
After several minutes, he pulls himself together,
walks over to the woman, and says, "I'm sorry, I guess
you misunderstood me yesterday.
Your job is to give Elmo two test tickles."

LOL

Message 98/101             20-Jan-03  @  04:37 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

Jock

wow, look... tumbleweed, on a website. Amazing.

Message 99/101             20-Jan-03  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

k

Link?:  Link

*an eagle screams in the distance*

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 100/101             20-Jan-03  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: that time of the month?

nutoniom

"dress as an adult and be treated like one"

sure but what's an adult, and how can you dissociate with your desire of the human body ?

cultural? more like anthropological

new perceptions in order

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

There are 101 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)