aaa u.s.speakers/speechsynths?? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: u.s.speakers/speechsynths??

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/1             27-Aug-98  @  03:54 AM   -   u.s.speakers/speechsynths??

xoxos

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

does anyone know where i can get a pc speech synth? you lot are musicians, right, so you know the kind i'm talking about - ie. the crappy ones from last decade's home computers with the 'jaunty' modulation.

all i can find in the u.s. market is one piece of shareware that sounds like crap - ie. the guy sampled his own voice. think 'dance - electric people' from psychic tv's 'joy.'

also need some cheap little monitors, and wondering if anyone stateside has any recs. looking at polk audio's rt7s, but they won't furnish me with a freq response curve. these guys sound okay, but i like to make sure since i ring a lot. want to spend less than the $300 or so for these guys.

a great rec for anyone who wants some cheap monitors - i have a pair i built myself using revere cones from an electronics store. cost a little over $100 to build. i think they get down to about 35 Hz. they sound great; it could be pride, but considering i prayed on the cabinet volume/harmonics, the bass seems really clear to me compared to a lot of home equipment i've heard. if anyone wants specs, drop me a line. thing is with the super dense particle board, they're a bit big for where i want them.

also, if anyone wants to zip me a voice synth file, drop me a line first coz netscape doesn't let me review text before receiving.

and one more thing.. do any of you u.k.ers have a copy of the 12" remix of 'trancendental,' by the shamen? nice to have, that.

anything else? mm..

lots of xoxos for you.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 1 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)