aaa Bloody cakewalk, bloody windows - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Bloody cakewalk, bloody windows

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             16-Sep-98  @  12:34 PM   -   Bloody cakewalk, bloody windows

Richie

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Here's the problem.. I thought I'd mess about with loading a few big samples into cakewalk to free up some of the poxy awe ram. But the wave wont play... Everything else that uses the wav drivers work. So it must be somthing in cakewalk.. This is doing my head in. It used to work before I up-graded to version 6.

Any suggestion? I'll appreciate it..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             16-Sep-98  @  02:29 PM   -   RE: Bloody cakewalk, bloody windows

xoxos

Link?:  Link

no sorry. but it reminds me of a problem with the goldwave beta. everything i've recorded with it is in some wierd .wav format (no kidding i tried to use one and the message said 'can't read psycho format.') the only thing i use goldwave for is recording .wav files longer than 1 minute because that's all my version of 'sound recorder' does. anyone got a fix idea for this, or know of a program that will record longer .wavs without me having to pay for the cooledit mini? that would be cool.
richie i'm sure you've tried using cooledit (you have, right?) to chance the .wav format (it does that, right?)

ta,
xoxos.

Message 3/10             16-Sep-98  @  04:54 PM   -   RE: Bloody cakewalk, bloody windows

Richie

Yup... The waves output fine from every other bit of program I use (sound forge, hammer head, makin waves, cool edit, etc etc) they all output via the wave driver and they all bloody well work!

It's just poxy cakewalk.

Message 4/10             16-Sep-98  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: Bloody cakewalk, bloody windows

Zen

Tell us what version of cakewalk you are using??

You are sure that you have the proper port settings in the track, right?
You did use the wave profiler, right?

Tell us what version of cakewalk in use; tell us what type of soundcard you have

Message 5/10             16-Sep-98  @  06:19 PM   -   RE: Bloody cakewalk, bloody windows

skul

isit only big wavs that wont play? if so, how big?

Message 6/10             16-Sep-98  @  07:42 PM   -   RE: Bloody cakewalk, bloody windows

kilo

maybe it's defaulting to zero volume in the volume box.... maybe it has the card set wrong.... as above... what happens with small files???... and why change if it worked fine and you dont want to add more soundcards??

Message 7/10             17-Sep-98  @  08:42 AM   -   RE: Bloody cakewalk, bloody windows

Richie

The soundcard is AWE64 and Cakewalk is version 6, it does'nt seem to matter whether the wav's are big or small... I checked the port settings and that seems ok.. It defaults to the wav output when I insert a wave.. I used the wave profiler and it accepts everything ok. I upgraded to 6 because version 5 did'nt seem very well programmed, 6 just had better extra's / editing that I needed.. I checked the volume thats ok.

I'm wondering whether to re-install the awe64 drivers...

Just had a thought! The drivers I'm using now are the latest release, maybe thats when it stopped working? Seems strange tho, but thinking about it I'm pretty sure it worked before I downloaded them...

I'll have to wait until tonight to try tho....

Message 8/10             01-Oct-98  @  08:01 PM   -   RE: Bloody cakewalk, bloody windows

Andreas

Are all the waves 16 bit and the sample rate. You can only use one sample rate at a time. And they
have to be 16 bit.

Message 9/10             01-Oct-98  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: Bloody cakewalk, bloody windows

aphasia

i also had problems sometimes with cake 6 but i am using cake 7 now and this seems to be a lot better.

also if you have any other software that uses the soundcard wave output(cooledit etc.) running at the same time as cakewalk, i've found this sometimes, cakewalk is very funny with audio period.

why not try using the signum 1100dx software sampler if your machine will run it.

cheers

A

Message 10/10             02-Oct-98  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: Bloody cakewalk, bloody windows

Richie

I've decided to sod-off the card stuff altogether and buy a sampler..
Sod windows / cakewalk / directX ... I'm even considering going back to sequencing on my old Amiga + octamed.... Oh cor blimey.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)