aaa +CD-R vs CD-RW for music - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: +CD-R vs CD-RW for music

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             29-Sep-98  @  06:29 AM   -   +CD-R vs CD-RW for music

zen

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

check it. I heard that cd-rw are not good for creating music cds, if thats true can somebody
recommend a drive that does cd-r and cd-rw. I want to make music cds and use cd-rw media
too. I hear alot about a mitsumi drive .. is this a good drive. I don't know the number or name
of it except its mitsumi , help me out here. Is there another drive thats good maybe around
300 to 350 dollars???

bet thAT up

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             29-Sep-98  @  10:48 AM   -   RE: +CD-R vs CD-RW for music

Clemens

all those rumors......

however, I did some recording jobs on both: CDR and CD-RW and I couldnīt find out any differences.

Both recording methods worked fine without and hearable loss of audio quality.

Maybe you can find out any differences when you examine these recordings in a audio laboratory.

Ciao

Message 3/10             29-Sep-98  @  01:50 PM   -   RE: +CD-R vs CD-RW for music

So thats it , just rumors.... everybody agree on that.??

Message 4/10             29-Sep-98  @  01:50 PM   -   RE: +CD-R vs CD-RW for music

No has ever had a problem with cdr-w on as far as burining music to them

Message 5/10             29-Sep-98  @  01:50 PM   -   RE: +CD-R vs CD-RW for music

No has ever had a problem with cdr-w on as far as burining music to them

Message 6/10             29-Sep-98  @  02:21 PM   -   RE: +CD-R vs CD-RW for music

Geordy

CD-RW can't be played on a regular home cd-player, unless you close the session but then you won't be able to re-record it again. So for that purpose use a CD-R.

I own a Philips 3610 CD-RW, and I use CD-RW for backup purposes and CD-R for audio.

But beware... I haven't found a program yet that can record directly on a CD-R, without recording it as a .wav on harddrive first! That sucks.......

Regards,
Geordy

Message 7/10             29-Sep-98  @  06:04 PM   -   RE: +CD-R vs CD-RW for music

99devils

I believe the CD-RW media is more volatile, meaning that it won't last as long as a CD-R, which won't last as long as a pressed CD.

Clear as mud?

-Craig

Message 8/10             29-Sep-98  @  06:42 PM   -   RE: +CD-R vs CD-RW for music

rouge

Geordy, I've got a Philips CDD3610 too, I don't have to record audio to wav first! I can copy CD's at 2x speed no probs using Easy CD Creator.

CDRW are ridiculous for audio recording because you can only play them in CD-ROMS regardlesS!

Message 9/10             29-Sep-98  @  10:41 PM   -   RE: +CD-R vs CD-RW for music

Geordy

Rouge,
what I mean is that you can't directly record an analogue source to CD-R, like a synth or sampler. It has to be a CD. And your cd-rom player has to support Digital Audio Extracion (DAE). If you don't have a DAE supported cd-rom, you'll have to prerecord your cd's as well... Mine doesn't support DAE, but hey, what does a cd-rom drive costs nowadays :-)

And according to Philips, a CD-RW lasts at least 30 years. You can record a thousend times on one. CD-RW discs coming out next year ar good for a fine 10000 times!

Last, you CAN record to a CD-RW and listen to them in your audio cd-player, but you'll have to close the session. But that will be nonsense to do, because you can't rewrite anymore.

So, for audio, use a CD-R instead.

BTW my Philips costs around 350 dollars (in Holland)

Geordy

Message 10/10             01-Oct-98  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: +CD-R vs CD-RW for music

zen

Can someone list a few more popular cdrw drives
thats good for burning music in the 300-350 $$ price range

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)