aaa Is anybody making money off there music or - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Is anybody making money off there music or

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             30-Sep-98  @  06:44 AM   -   Is anybody making money off there music or

Farter

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Is anybody making $$$$$ out there or what???

any stories on shoppping your music? Do's don'ts

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             30-Sep-98  @  09:19 AM   -   RE: Is anybody making money off there music or

Richie

Nope... I'm having an extremely extended case of no inspiration at the moment..(4 months and counting)

Message 3/11             30-Sep-98  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: Is anybody making money off there music or

skul

you mean you can make money doing music? fuck, i must be doing something really wrong...

Message 4/11             30-Sep-98  @  02:30 PM   -   RE: Is anybody making money off there music or

possebilleties

As a matter of fact I make money of it. Not alot but it pays the rent
abels me to buy new gear,and repairings, modifications on studio etc.
Releasing records since 93. Not one single live gig.
It`s the best.
And I am not even famous!
anyone better?

Message 5/11             30-Sep-98  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: Is anybody making money off there music or

Richie

You smug git. ;-)

I suppose it's just getting past the being arsed to compile a demo... A lot of the techno labels seem to be a very close nit affair.. like they've got 3 artists and don't want anymore... Still if you know of any labels that are'nt like that..... fuzzycat_69@hotmail.com .. I'll be in all day. (you've got to try aint ya)

Message 6/11             30-Sep-98  @  04:25 PM   -   RE: Is anybody making money off there music or

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

I wouldn't say I'm making hand over fist in dosh. In fact I just barely get my survival expenses paid for playing, but why be greedy? As long as the music gets out, and you are living in mild comfort, why stress over a new Rolls? Is it going to you give deeper kick, or a crazier acid line? If you believe in what you do strongly enough, somebody, somewhere will buy it, and you will continue to eat. Simple. If you want to make some good cash, put out your own stuff on cd. Great profit margins, and easy to do. If you want it to get heard at a party, put out vinyl. Figure it out.
Ape

Message 7/11             01-Oct-98  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: Is anybody making money off there music or

ooooo

none

Message 8/11             02-Oct-98  @  02:10 AM   -   RE: Is anybody making money off there music or

xoxos

Link?:  Link

that wasn't me.

not yet  

xoxos.

Message 9/11             02-Oct-98  @  05:59 PM   -   RE: Is anybody making money off there music or

chad_mitchell

I'm currently at the stage where I make money at the club night that I DJ at, and also make some cash off tapes- but it all gets pumped baCK into more records and gear. Reinvesting in yourself is the best investment you can make. A hobby that pays for itself is a good one at that. Of cource crossing over to the other side would be delightful.

Speaking of which, I'll be in NY visiting relatives the weekend of October 10th. If anyone knows where I can score a DJ gig, please let me know. SF DJ intown with flight already paid for- good opportunity for a good club promoter. You can hear my style at my homepage that is listed below.

-Chad Mitchell-
www.thehipster.com

Message 10/11             02-Oct-98  @  06:13 PM   -   RE: Is anybody making money off there music or

horizens

i make a decent amount at my work. i'm a graphic designer, but every once in a while, my employer needs bits for tv spots. it doesn't pay the bills, but it's a good direction to go in until i play parties and release some material. it's cool to try different styles of music, and also to try to work to film (pictures).
i have my first gig soon, so i'll see if it works out...

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)