aaa Just bought myself an MPC2000... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Just bought myself an MPC2000...

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             25-Dec-97  @  11:24 AM   -   Just bought myself an MPC2000...

DJ Phallus

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I bought an MPC2000 on monday, and I need some
help...
I've only been messing with it for a while, and
it seems there is no grid sequencer. I think I have to play everything and then record it. Can this be true? Then how the hell am I to program
good drum'n'bass loops and stuff?
I was trying to put some of my samples I have on
my computer on a disk to load into the MPC2000 with Goldwave, but this didn't seem to work. I saved them as 16 bit signed .snd-files. So why wasn't the MPC2000 able to read them? The user manual doesn't say what format I should use. I can load sounds from the mpc into my pc, and when I tried to apply some fx and save them and load them into the mpc again, it didn't work. HELP!
TNX

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             27-Dec-97  @  12:46 AM   -   RE: Just bought myself an MPC2000...

Patrick

You can step recored in the step edit function. You can
set note value for quantize and record your drumloops
live then edidt in step edit just look in to it.
You can chop loops in the wave editor. The MPC reads
Mpc format you can convert this using awave from AVENE's
site. Check out the note variation slider function
set for filter then you can tweek out some cool bass
lines its all in the book. there is no grid you have
to scroll one note at a time in step. The thing holds
a lot of power read the book and play around.

Message 3/11             27-Dec-97  @  03:02 AM   -   RE: Just bought myself an MPC2000...

FunkLoop

All right funky people ...I enter ,,, I just got the ASR X ,Merry Christmas to me hehe,.. I haven't figured everything out jet but I've played with it for a while and all I get is brakez ...and I luv it.. sorry to hear about your mpc problems DJ Phallus its a cute box, anyway the fx are soo fine, tweaking the speaker fx gives a Dn'B sound to a loop so easily, I feel guilty of not putting any work into my loops, shit just happens, the resampling option makes the machine, its perfect for D'nB, I would be thankful if any x owners can give advice or tips..I worked on a s760 which is nice but....go X, no regrets..

Message 4/11             27-Dec-97  @  09:53 AM   -   RE: Just bought myself an MPC2000...

patrickr

Ok Phallus, I was a little short earlier had to go spin
at the club. I've had the Mpc2000 since the day they hit
shelves if you have any questions emall me I can help
you out. It's suposed to read snd files and pc, but I
can never get mine to do this. You can always sample
from your output on your pc into the Mpc you'll get
your pc sampels that way. The awave does work though.

Message 5/11             28-Dec-97  @  11:44 AM   -   RE: Just bought myself an MPC2000...

Avene

Link?:  Link

So, Phallus has finally bought something....Yeah, there are 2 different types of snd files as far as I'm aware, the other one is raw pcm. Step edit is the best for creating beats. I don't know if it's the same in the 2000, but in the 3000 you can adjust the tuning, attack, decay, and filter etc for each note of each step of a sequence. There's another function that Roger Linn designed where if you hold the timing correct button while recording it will playback notes at current quantize. It works well when you vary the amount of pressure you put on the pad as it plays, and is good for fast 32nd note stuff that fades in and out.

Message 6/11             28-Dec-97  @  06:54 PM   -   RE: Just bought myself an MPC2000...

patrick

yea, the 2000 the same.

Message 7/11             28-Dec-97  @  06:54 PM   -   RE: Just bought myself an MPC2000...

patrick

yea, the 2000 the same.

Message 8/11             29-Dec-97  @  03:23 PM   -   RE: Just bought myself an MPC2000...

kilo

doesnt it read akai .IMG format ?..... well i have a programme that re-formats to akai, and the extension is .IMG

Message 9/11             26-Jul-98  @  07:34 AM   -   RE: Just bought myself an MPC2000...

djyogi

Im looking to upgrade my mpc and I dont know where to get the parts. Can anyone help me out. Please email me because this is a friends pc and i wont be able to find this page again.

Dj Yogi

Message 10/11             27-Jul-98  @  09:14 AM   -   RE: Just bought myself an MPC2000...

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Can't the new os read wav files? BTW, oh anal one, where'd you get it, 'cause those bastards at Victor Litz jacked me, pulled out of the deal when they got 2 million calls in 1 day and realized they priced it too low. I'm talkin' they approved my credit cards and everything, then 2 weeks later said "oops, we made a mistake, we're gonna charge you $1200 instead."

So, I bought one today locally for $800.

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)