aaa best Aphex Twin CD? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: best Aphex Twin CD?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             21-Jul-98  @  03:15 AM   -   best Aphex Twin CD?

weasel

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

This guy seems to have produced a bucketload of crap, as well as some gems... what's his best release? ...and while I'm here, is timeless by goldie worth getting?, I'm not too keen on the vocal stuff...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             21-Jul-98  @  03:40 AM   -   RE: best Aphex Twin CD?

whynot

I take it by "crap" you mean the less structured, more organic stuff... if you don't like his more abstract canvases, try the Richard D. James album. Genius, but bigger beats and brighter strokes. Or for that matter, the Come to Daddy single. Hardcore.

Message 3/11             21-Jul-98  @  04:39 AM   -   RE: best Aphex Twin CD?

Astroman

Im afraid I have to differ with whynot... I dont care so much for his last two albums... in my humble opinion his best album is "I Care Because You Do".... there isnt a bad song on the album... and Selected Ambient Vol. 2 is pretty good too... not nearly as accessable though.... but there are a few tunes on there that still just blow me away... dont listen to it while yer driving though cause it will put you in a deep trance and youll run off the road... it happened to me once...

but all aphex twin is good.... just seems like there's less really good stuff on his new releases compared to his older stuff I guess.... it's alot more chaotic sounding with less melody... and the beats just a bit too abstract for my taste...

Message 4/11             21-Jul-98  @  05:56 AM   -   RE: best Aphex Twin CD?

come to daddy RULZ !

and... Richard D. James IS Aphex Twin

hehehe

Holger

Message 5/11             21-Jul-98  @  07:22 AM   -   RE: best Aphex Twin CD?

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

I think whynot just means is they're less abstract and thus more accessible.

Message 6/11             21-Jul-98  @  06:17 PM   -   RE: best Aphex Twin CD?

J.

You should also check out Autechre if you're not into vocals (coz yer obviously into Aphex Twin). Especially "tri Repetae" has som really wicked stuff; I think that they make all loops/drumsstuff/synth-lines on the basis of an Ms-20 (my kinda band!).

Message 7/11             21-Jul-98  @  08:31 PM   -   RE: best Aphex Twin CD?

my favorite aphex is still selected ambient works 2 -- I thkn this album talks to itself when I'm not listening to it. A great intro to aphex twin would be either the ventolin ep (get the one w/ 11 tracks) or the "on" remix ep. But everyone should give Selected Ambient Works II a listen (or better yet ten!). I listen to my copy on vinyl all the time. great work.

Message 8/11             21-Jul-98  @  09:52 PM   -   RE: best Aphex Twin CD?

Z

What the hardest EP/LP from Aphex Twin? I liked Come to Daddy and Ventolin but didn't really
like the Richard D. James album (too soft for me)...

Message 9/11             22-Jul-98  @  05:52 AM   -   RE: best Aphex Twin CD?

whynot

Yes, definitely step to Tri Repetae... Autechre took me from mainstream club tracks to intelligent techno like Aphex.

Message 10/11             22-Jul-98  @  06:52 AM   -   RE: best Aphex Twin CD?

noteven

IF ANTONE DOESNT THINK THAT SELECTED AMBIENT WORKS VOLUME 1 ISNT THE BEST APHEX CD YOU ARE A) DEF B) DUMB C) ALL OF THE FOREMENTIONED

out,,,

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)