aaa what do you think of this idea? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: what do you think of this idea?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             12-Aug-04  @  04:43 PM     Edit: 12-Aug-04  |  04:44 PM   -   what do you think of this idea?

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

we setup a forum for GROUP PURCHASING

epople get together and form a group who all want, i dunno... for example um.... a certain fx unit or s/w like SX etc

we then use our company trade status to buy a crate

for example on DBX compressors - I checked this out actualy & a crate of 10 almost works out 1/2 price per unit!!!!

now obviously it'd work better if all buyers were in the same territory otherwise there's added postage & issues with manual languages etc, but considering the potential....

whaddya think?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             12-Aug-04  @  04:48 PM   -   RE: what do you think of this idea?

Jock Munro

Link?: Link

Sounds like a damn fine idea to me.

It depends on whether you can rely on people to commit to an order though. What happens if you get 10 people say yeah, but then 6 pull out AFTER you've ordered the gear ?

I reckon DT should go into internet/mail order anyway, get a few dealerships for Korg/Yammy/Roland..etc.. and give people like Turnkey a run for their money, at least the people on here know what they are talking about.

Message 3/11             12-Aug-04  @  05:06 PM   -   RE: what do you think of this idea?

k

no way mate - you need massive buying power - thomann look after that (they are sponsoring us now as it goes!)

well, if someone dropped out, you could either find someone else or sell it in the free ad's, new & warranteed

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/11             12-Aug-04  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: what do you think of this idea?

CydoniaCell

or get the payment up front via that paypal account ahead of time.

it's a great idea... but the geography is a problem... different power supplies etc for different countries...

but where it could be worked out it would be damned fine. Especially soft synths and production software...

e

Message 5/11             12-Aug-04  @  06:05 PM   -   RE: what do you think of this idea?

milan

to be honest, i dont think you'd get many people for that, esp. not on a regular basis... then again, if DT Shop started advertising and loads people buying, then maybe it might work.

Message 6/11             12-Aug-04  @  11:07 PM   -   RE: what do you think of this idea?

mcc>

i say take a survey of which items people would be most interested in getting.
(i'd be immediately interested in getting the cameleon 5000.
probably ni kontakt after that.)

compile a list of items people might want and then see if you've got enough people interested to follow through with it.

Message 7/11             13-Aug-04  @  09:47 AM   -   RE: what do you think of this idea?

greg

damn good idea! we could pretend we where a big seller and start asking for free samples of distributors....

greg

Message 8/11             13-Aug-04  @  02:08 PM   -   RE: what do you think of this idea?

craig

I think you might have a lot of success with software - as long as everybody wants to order the same language you're all good. No power supply issues, etc..

Message 9/11             13-Aug-04  @  05:33 PM   -   RE: what do you think of this idea?

xoxos

kvr has the same kinda show running - not sure if they'r eusing
'trade status' or 'vst status', but i saw a thread asking 'what's next for group purchases?' they just did the c5000 :p

go for it!

Message 10/11             13-Aug-04  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: what do you think of this idea?

k

yeah i think they do deals with the s/w makers - i'm talking hardware as well, in fact really hardware period cos you cant crack that  

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)