aaa i need help choosing equipment - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: i need help choosing equipment

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             31-Jan-04  @  03:29 AM   -   i need help choosing equipment

paul

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

what i want to do is try and replicate the sounds in my head by recording a similar sound and manipulating it until it sounds as close as possible to the one in my head.im imagining i'll need a mic,recording device,effects processor,possibly a computer and programs and who knows what else. if you could give me an idea of what equipment and brands are the best for the job and quality but more affordable versions i would really appreciate it. sorry about my spelling and grammer. thank you.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             31-Jan-04  @  01:44 PM     Edit: 31-Jan-04  |  01:45 PM   -   RE: i need help choosing equipment

k

Link?:  Link

well... that'd depend on whether the 'sound in your head' was:

A. similar to a herd of elephants stampeding thru the jungle while simultaneously playing out-of-tune banjos

B. similar to a uni-cycle covered in chocolate sauce being fed thru a petrol-driven tree-bark stripper

some definition would be useful

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/11             31-Jan-04  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: i need help choosing equipment

xoxos

Link?: Link

http://www.synthedit.com

"a handful of nothing is all that i need to make up the world which you see before you." now go and get a tan before you spend the next 10 years of your life clawing your mouse. skin needs sun.

Message 4/11             31-Jan-04  @  05:33 PM   -   RE: i need help choosing equipment

mcc>

i always suggest starting with the feet and brains.
but you're obviously on the right track.....so i don't need to tell you that.
just keep going.
don't lose that sound in your head.
that's preciousness.

Message 5/11             02-Feb-04  @  03:06 AM   -   RE: i need help choosing equipment

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

It sounds like you need psychotherapy you, "sounds in my head", Son of Sam loony.

Seriously, download Synthedit and spend your money on a reasonably powerful computer. Start there and move on. Softsynths are the future and you may as well start outside the hardware paradigm most of people are shackled to. If you really are an aural nutcase with no aspirations regarding rockstar cliches or live performance then software will be your audio therapy and salvation - leave the hardware to the Luddites. Besides, software will dominate live performance in the near future.

Message 6/11             02-Feb-04  @  07:59 AM   -   RE: i need help choosing equipment

bitter not twisted

Why don't you get Reason? The same as every other er and you too can help kill dance music. Get Reason!, It does it all for you.

Message 7/11             02-Feb-04  @  08:41 PM   -   RE: i need help choosing equipment

zenmichael2003

thanks guys.

Message 8/11             02-Feb-04  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: i need help choosing equipment

Influx

gotta love that stupid "reason does it all" crap

I dont even use the shit hardly, but I sure think thats a stupid statement.

you still have to program everything, JUST like if you had a studio full of gear

Message 9/11             03-Feb-04  @  05:33 AM   -   RE: i need help choosing equipment

damballah

>> no aspirations regarding rockstar cliches or live performance

if you just sit around your room dorking with softsynths, you'll never have a wardrobe malfunction

Message 10/11             03-Feb-04  @  10:23 AM   -   RE: i need help choosing equipment

k

Link?:  Link

sounds like he's talking about sound sculpting.... not neccessarily SYNTH sounds.

In which case working in the audio domain is where you want to be perhaps... A SAMPLER is the answer - a sampler with decent mangling capabilities which you then combine with FX, eq's, etc

you can then go further and record/render sampler output to audio tracks and mangle further there

however, you might get the results you seek using ONLY audio tracks in a host audio sequencer too

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)