aaa Juno 106 or JP8000 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Juno 106 or JP8000

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             03-Sep-98  @  10:56 PM   -   Juno 106 or JP8000

geek

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Whats the difference?
Surely the 8000 has everything the 106 has got?

They both seem to go for about the same price in the second-hand market.... so why is the 106 so expensive?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             04-Sep-98  @  05:00 AM   -   RE: Juno 106 or JP8000

buggo

I see junos in the $350 to $400 range....I've NEVER seen a JP8000 for less than $800 or so, even used.

Well I'm probably not the guy to ask since the only analog I own is a Juno-106, but I can tell you it's a fucking excellent machine. I was warned about it because it's not as fat sounding as the juno 60, it has DCOs, etc...Well I like that as I am not into big fat synth parts; I like the bite of it. (barq's???) Although I must say it's possible to get great low fat bass sounds out of it (think p-funk....they didn't use a juno but that's the sound I'm thinking of.) Also it does wonderful sub-bass...with the PWM all the way up and only the pulse wave selected, you get awesome biting 303-type sounds, and by having the lfo gently modulate the PWM you can get excellent pads and strings. (i never thought analog would be good for strings, but it does EXCELLENT ones, as well as cool organs, expecially with the pitch wheel assigned to filter cutoff...you get funky wah-organs and the like..)

i could go on for hours but i won't...since it's the only synth to speak of that I own, I've explored it way more than i would have if I had gotten other gear first. if you have any kind of other questions email me (atoews@usa.net). Hey, sedusa has his sh-2, i'm entitled to an obsession too..!!!

(did i mention it's built like a goddamn fortress?)

Message 3/12             04-Sep-98  @  07:32 PM   -   RE: Juno 106 or JP8000

geek

looks like I'm off to the U S of A to get me a good deal.

In todays Loot (london) theres some cunt selling his 106 for £650 UK. I phoned him up, got his address and I was going to shoot him, then nick his 106 but I thought I'd better not because I haven't bought my silencer yet.

Message 4/12             04-Sep-98  @  10:04 PM   -   RE: Juno 106 or JP8000

Purple Haze

Hey man don't shoot him,it's bad karma and will create a negative shockwave around your part of consensus reality and stuff.
Just threaten him, that should do the trick, noone will give his life for a 106... I think...

If it was me I'd go for the 106, I've got a juno2 which is supposedly even less 'fat' than the 106, but I still use it a helluvalot of times (not that this actually means anything).
I also think a 106 will hold it's price on the 2nd hand market, so if you get tired of it and sell it again you won't loose much money, might even gain some.

Message 5/12             20-Sep-98  @  10:44 PM   -   RE: Juno 106 or JP8000

BizzareBoy

Roland MKS-70 is a rackmount version of the juno in case anyone was intereasted in a rack ver. Juno 106's fader movements can be recorded in ya sequencer of choice.Its a cool tool no doubt and its resale has been pretty tight-so grab one,BassStation and sampler plus software and your there.
BizarreBoy

Message 6/12             21-Sep-98  @  03:52 AM   -   RE: Juno 106 or JP8000

Brenballs

I'll sell you a 106 for 500 squigglies.

Message 7/12             21-Sep-98  @  04:14 AM   -   RE: Juno 106 or JP8000

KILO

Y'KNOW, WE DON'T TALK ABOUT IT MUCH... BUT THE ALPHA JUNO'S, I SEEM TO REMEBER WORKING WITH ONE ONCE, bloody caps!!.. a lower model, it was quite techno actually... i know there's no knobs etc, and it's digital, but i thought it was quite interesting...

Message 8/12             21-Sep-98  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: Juno 106 or JP8000

Jock

I was offered a Juno 106 back in 1990 for 100 quid. And being the twat that I was I said no.

Message 9/12             21-Sep-98  @  05:34 PM   -   RE: Juno 106 or JP8000

nomad

btw, the juno 106 rack is the mks7, not the mks70...
subtle distinction...not exactly a juno106,
but supposedly very close....

Message 10/12             21-Sep-98  @  11:48 PM   -   RE: Juno 106 or JP8000

buggo

well it's 2 juno 106's and a 707 drum kit in a rackmount box...no knobs but if you already got a juno and like the sound, it's probably a good investment...but only if you've already got a juno, because you can't fiddle with the mks7...but they are cheap as fuck!! another synth, one that i just played today, is the akai ax60...it was pretty much designed to compete with the 106, so most of the features are the same...fucking EXCELLENT synth, almost exactly like the 106 only with a little more raw sound, and some more features...usually cheaper too! try and find one. someday i'll probably sell my juno to get one...or 2 for the price!!

(and 500 is too many squigglies to pay for a juno. especially if it's in UKP. but it's too much in US $$ too.)

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)