aaa Edirol Hyper Canvas....... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Edirol Hyper Canvas.......

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             04-Feb-04  @  10:26 PM   -   Edirol Hyper Canvas.......

Dingostema

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Hello chaps,

Trying to sort out a problem for my dad. He is tring to use edirol hyper canvas in Logic in an effort to basically be able to play midi files using a better quality soundset. Now, you open the hypercanvas as an audio instrument. It appears that the HC allows you to allocate 16 sounds on the 16 midi channels but I can only seem to get the midi that is on the same audio instrument track as the vst to play and sounds. Where does it map the other 15 sounds too?

All help appreciated.

Dingo

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             04-Feb-04  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: Edirol Hyper Canvas.......

Broken Silence

Link?:  No link

Hello,

I know exactly what you're talking about. It matters what version of logic he uses. Logic 5.5 and higher has a multi-output vst function (and maybe multi midi, but i'm not sure). Anything lower than that will definatley not be able to run it.

Maybe open the app as a standalone if it is an option and use 16 midi tracks?

Message 3/12             04-Feb-04  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: Edirol Hyper Canvas.......

Dingostema

Hey bs, are you sure it needs to be 5.5?

5.3 is already installed and it has multi outputs for the exs24.

Dingo

Message 4/12             04-Feb-04  @  10:49 PM   -   RE: Edirol Hyper Canvas.......

Dingostema

OK, this is the next problem. . .He has a fast machine so it is no hassle to open several different instances of the hyper canvas, each on a different audio instrument. He sets up each instance of HC for bass, piano, drums and places the corresponding lump of midi data on the relevant track and saves the project. When he re opens the project, each instance of HC has reverted back to Piano, regardless of what they had been set to when the project was saved.

Cheers

Dingo

Message 5/12             04-Feb-04  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: Edirol Hyper Canvas.......

milan

ack... general midi files normaly contain a program change at the begining of each track for each instrument used. can this be messing with HC's settings?

Message 6/12             04-Feb-04  @  10:59 PM   -   RE: Edirol Hyper Canvas.......

Dingostema

Thats what I thought so I copied the midi notes out and pasted them into a fresh clean section, none of that stuff should have copied over

Dingo

Message 7/12             05-Feb-04  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: Edirol Hyper Canvas.......

beds

some vsti won't keep their settings when you save a .lso, i think it's logic being shit. edirol orchestral does the same thing., there might be a save multi thing in hyper canvas, that maybe you still have to load up when you start the song. dunno :/

Message 8/12             05-Feb-04  @  08:47 AM   -   RE: Edirol Hyper Canvas.......

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

A friend of mine gets this in Hypercanvas as well (the lack of program change info retension) and I've noticed it in their Steinberg Hypersonic as well..

Until I looked at the program change info on the channel inspector (this was in SX) and found that you had to set the prog change info there as well as in the instrument itself...

Hope that helpz..

Message 9/12             05-Feb-04  @  09:58 AM   -   RE: Edirol Hyper Canvas.......

k

Link?:  No link

that is correct edirol stuff sadly doesnt save/load on startup - you have to LOAD the setup to the unit.

Message 10/12             05-Feb-04  @  10:56 AM   -   RE: Edirol Hyper Canvas.......

Dingostema

How is that possible. What use is a VSTi that doesnt save settings? bizzare

Basically my dad is just after an easy way to load a commercial midi file into logic (which naturally chucks the correct lumps of midi such as bass, drums etc) onto the corresponding midi channel), and then be able to play the midi file using a higher quality soundsource than the standard MS GM Soundset.

Any other thoughs/ideas?

Cheers, Dingo

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)