aaa emax help - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: emax help

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             16-Sep-98  @  06:05 AM   -   emax help

buggo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

well i've got my emax hd/se, and a copy of the OS...whenever I try to start it up with the OS disk the drive grunts and it says "disk not formatted."

anyone had any similar experiences? how do i work this fucker? also, where can i get a manual?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             16-Sep-98  @  11:20 AM   -   RE: emax help

Sedusa`

Every Emax disk should be an OS disk.. You should be able to boot from it.. Actually, I had a similar experience when I bought mine.. I couldn't get it to boot (That's why I got it for $120.. Stupid Guitarists! HAHAHAHAHA!) Turns out, I'm so spoiled with new PC drives, I had to actually push the disk in farther than I thought I should have to.. And then it worked fine.. See if putting the disk in farther helps any.. Failing that.. All I could do is send you a disk, but it would basically turn your SE and HD functions off.

Message 3/13             17-Sep-98  @  12:58 AM   -   RE: emax help

buggo

upon talking to the guy, it appears that i've been fucked out of almost $400, which for me translates into several months worth of shite work. he exhibited a very unconvincing set of lamentations at the "realization" that the emax was dead. golly, imagine that. VERY unconvincing.

i am definitely not buying anything again via mail from a private party.

Message 4/13             17-Sep-98  @  01:30 AM   -   RE: emax help

buggo

one thing i forgot to add: coincidentally, i happen to have an emax hd/se for sale, excellent condition, works great, (except for when it doesn't, which is all the time) only $10 + shipping.

Message 5/13             17-Sep-98  @  02:51 AM   -   RE: emax help

xoxos

Link?:  Link

aww, shit! from what i understand buggo, you assist those less fortunate than yourself in your occupation, and this fucker screws you? if it's any consolation, that will probably be the last $400 he sees because anyone who treats other people like that sets themselves up for it in the end (trust me on this one...) kinda makes me want to ask where to mail the flatworm eggs to, but that would keep me awake at night for years to come.

sympathy.
xoxos.

Message 6/13             17-Sep-98  @  04:05 AM   -   RE: emax help

buggo

upon talking to the guy again, i think it'll be ok...he was nice enuff and offered to take it back...and told me the package was insured (yay!!) He also explained a lot of the loose ends i had thought up earlier, without my mentioning them...like the damage to the emax seems as though it was genuinely incurred in transit, not by him...maybe i'm just a little too suspicious, after the last scam: being told shipping for my tx81z would be $50!! (i refused the package...) in any case, i think i'll be able to get my money back, or get a working sampler....i hope it works out ok, and i don't want to rag on a guy for rippin me off when it's actually the dumb PO's fault, but i also want to be sure i don't get fucked...maybe i'm out of line...i think he's ok tho and maybe someday my efforts to get a sampler will reach fruition...

and maybe that's just what i get for quitting my humanitarian job anyway!! (just watch, with my luck, by next month i'll probably be chanting "viva gorditas" and be wearing a turquoise visor, for 50 cents a day..)

Message 7/13             17-Sep-98  @  04:56 AM   -   RE: emax help

Sedusa

You should have someone look at itt who's good with electronics... How was it packed? My DX7 came in a box that was way huger than the actual synth.. And it came thru perfect.. Maybe he should have packed it better

Message 8/13             17-Sep-98  @  05:13 AM   -   RE: emax help

buggo

Yeh, i think that was it...The box was plenty deep but wasn't wide enough...only about an inch on either side of the sampler, and a whole shitload of room on the top and bottom...and it was stuffed with newspaper...bigger boxes are always better...anyway if it got damaged in the mail because of his packing job i feel it only fair for him to absorb the cost...

Message 9/13             17-Sep-98  @  05:15 AM   -   RE: emax help

buggo

oh, and speaking of the original thread, "emax help"...

i think i just came up with somethin cool: if the outs are monophonic (just found this out) then my question about hats cutting each other off would be fucking simple! just assign the hats to the same out, and they'd always cut each other off, plus you'd be able to control both open and closed hats with one slider...sound viable?

Message 10/13             17-Sep-98  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: emax help

bill

it works yeah. i discovered that completly by accident. so are you saying your emax doesn't work at all? or just the hd bit?

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)