aaa Electric Piano - recommendations? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Electric Piano - recommendations?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             25-Dec-03  @  12:31 PM     Edit: 25-Dec-03  |  12:32 PM   -   Electric Piano - recommendations?

Zazza

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm looking to buy an electric/digital piano for agent x... needs to play like a real piano keyboard, have great sound and midi out so it can be used as a controller...

any suggestions/advice would be appreciated as, basically, I don't have a clue..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             25-Dec-03  @  01:21 PM     Edit: 25-Dec-03  |  01:28 PM   -   RE: Electric Piano - recommendations?

milan

Link?: Link

if you wanna go upper class, i heard that Kurzweil stage piano kicks serious ass.

(lol! that rhymes)

oh bugger... i went to their website, and the one i had in mind has been discontinued. sorry...  

Message 3/13             25-Dec-03  @  02:54 PM   -   RE: Electric Piano - recommendations?

xoxos

z1 is cheap and useful.. there are several free vsti that do eps so anything and a lappy.. if midi isn't necessary, some webpage on eps said they/inc. popular models tend to run in the hundreds, not the thousands.. ?? :p

Message 4/13             25-Dec-03  @  06:12 PM   -   RE: Electric Piano - recommendations?

Tom

What's the price range?

Clavia Electro 73 looks kickass... plus it does a nice hammond emulation.

Tom

Message 5/13             25-Dec-03  @  06:45 PM   -   RE: Electric Piano - recommendations?

RagnarOk

Fatar does some good controller keyboards with small separate hammer mechanics for each key to emulate the feel of real thing. ...but then you still need a sound module.

Message 6/13             25-Dec-03  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: Electric Piano - recommendations?

mcc>

for about 300 new...the casio wk series is boasting a true-piano sound and full-size piano/keyboard feel. one advantage there being no need for an amp.

i heard an old man walk in and start playing christmas tunes on a kurzweil piano machine 2 days ago....amnd wow......that thing rocked. he was obviously well-known in that store. anyway...he walked out with the thing. he'd say kurzweil...no doubt.

while you're at it>>> get the girl an agent, too.

Message 7/13             27-Dec-03  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: Electric Piano - recommendations?

psylichon

kurzweil. I'm not up-to-date on their most current model, but the old PC88 was very nice for pianos. great keys, too.

Message 8/13             27-Dec-03  @  08:14 PM   -   RE: Electric Piano - recommendations?

Zazza

Cheers guys.. we are gonna go check some out... info on kurzweils is hard to find tho.. any good sites?

Message 9/13             27-Dec-03  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: Electric Piano - recommendations?

mcc>

now that psy says pc-88...i remember that being on the beast the old man bought.
old geez was great...absolutely amazing. hunched over permanent-like>as if he'd been hovering over
those 88's his entire life.
damn could he play though> even in his grave he'll be banging and tinkling them ivories i'd imagine.

as for kurzweil info....ask milan...he's the man in charge of net research here. he can find ANYTHING.
even if you don't want him to find it.

Message 10/13             28-Dec-03  @  12:36 PM   -   RE: Electric Piano - recommendations?

milan

aaah shadaaap!  

www.kurzweilmusicsystems.com

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)