aaa What would be the best synth for............. - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: What would be the best synth for.............

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/14             31-Aug-98  @  04:31 PM   -   What would be the best synth for.............

kenny.bonus

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

................making House Music. I want to get a synth that has good Sax sounds and good bass guitar sounds. I've been looking at the Alesis QS6, the Yamaha Cs1x, and the Korg X5d. I guess it doesn't have to be a synth but I would prefer a synth because I really don't want to use my Juno 1 as a controller. Any suggestions? I just really want a synth that has some good natural instrument sounds. I would also like one that has good Moogy type sounds. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             31-Aug-98  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: What would be the best synth for.............

JAWA

Don't forget to look at samplers too...... in answer to your question, get yourself down to a music shop and try them all out...... that's the only way you'll really know...... maybe anyway.....

Message 3/14             31-Aug-98  @  08:41 PM   -   RE: What would be the best synth for.............

replica

If you use a PC, check out the forthcoming SX1000XG
card - if its as good as they say its going to be then
you could save yourself lots of dishkins on buyinbg a synth.

Message 4/14             01-Sep-98  @  03:01 AM   -   RE: What would be the best synth for.............

buggo

if you want believable sax sounds etc in addition to a killer analog synth, get a korg prophecy...solve the polyphony problem by getting a sampler with a decent amount of RAM (expanded s2000 for example) to go with it...do all yer drums and repetitive loop-type stuff on the sampler, and twiddle live on the prophecy. i've used the korg z1 briefly and got EXCELLENT sax/brass sounds, plus shitloads of monster analog...and it's just basically a polyphonic Prophecy. (altho i've heard the prophecy is a much better value for the money...something like $500-$600 used these days...)

Message 5/14             01-Sep-98  @  04:13 AM   -   RE: What would be the best synth for.............

The Pimp

If you want to do house go for some sort of sampler and an FM synth of some sort. You could get an old Yamaha DX series for really cheap, definately a most have for the bass sounds. The sample can do everything else if you get a good one.

Message 6/14             02-Sep-98  @  01:15 PM   -   RE: What would be the best synth for.............

I'd personal go for a Bontempi Hit Organ, a Farfisa Ballroom classic and a wurlitzer.

Message 7/14             02-Sep-98  @  02:54 PM   -   RE: What would be the best synth for.............

wmb

try e-synth.... out...

Message 8/14             02-Sep-98  @  03:07 PM   -   RE: What would be the best synth for.............

Richie

You want the new 'House-o-matic' from Tel-com... Totaly wicked!!!

Message 9/14             03-Sep-98  @  04:08 AM   -   RE: What would be the best synth for.............

xoxos

Link?:  Link

house music.. washing machine, kitchen appliances, the negativland '409' sound..

xoxos.

Message 10/14             03-Sep-98  @  09:20 AM   -   RE: What would be the best synth for.............

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

A 909 and a black chick's all you need, unless you're being pretentious and trying to be "Progressive" or "Deep"

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)