aaa what makes a hot sequencer? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: what makes a hot sequencer?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/14             26-Jul-04  @  02:50 AM   -   what makes a hot sequencer?

Me!

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i was interested in what you people think makes a great sequencer? if you could have the sequencer of your dreams (studio or live), what would you be looking for?! for me, an intuitive, simple and flexible controlling setup has been an issue for a while - one which i haven't seen a great solution to yet. what about you?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             26-Jul-04  @  12:58 PM   -   RE: what makes a hot sequencer?

SignalRunners - BLU

Link?: Link

something like the simplicity of protools audio manipulation, with the the midi functions of sx for me, although i hear nuendo is pretty close (never tried tho)

Message 3/14             26-Jul-04  @  01:23 PM   -   RE: what makes a hot sequencer?

k

Link?:  Link

i've got my dream sequencer all planned out.... one day mebbe i'll be able to afford to get someone to make it for me

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/14             26-Jul-04  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: what makes a hot sequencer?

SignalRunners - Andrew

i second what blu says.

something with the audio side of protools, the simplicity of SX midi.

a few musts:
-multiple input vsts for things such as sidechaining comps/triggering gates.
-rewire capability
-vst compatibility
-comfortable work design, ie something easy on the eyes--not too complex and not too bland.

Message 5/14             26-Jul-04  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: what makes a hot sequencer?

mcc>

just don't say "intuitive".

Message 6/14             27-Jul-04  @  04:14 AM   -   RE: what makes a hot sequencer?

Influx

Id love to see something that has a graphical interface for mac or PC, but then a portable hardware box with a perfect blend of simplicity and controls

something like an RS7000, with a better sampler (dump the synth engine IMO) and a full featured software counterpart that would allow you to lay down the basics in your studio and then take them out and expand in a live setting.

Ableton has it close..but..a dedicated controller is missing though. The ones that are out are certainly impressive, but theyre not app specific.

Message 7/14             27-Jul-04  @  04:17 AM   -   RE: what makes a hot sequencer?

psylichon

'what makes a hot sequencer?'

dual AMD athlon64s and lots of hard drives with no case fans.

Message 8/14             27-Jul-04  @  10:56 AM   -   RE: what makes a hot sequencer?

k

Link?:  Link

I assumed this was about HARDWARE sequencers ? - no?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/14             27-Jul-04  @  11:24 AM   -   RE: what makes a hot sequencer?

RagnarOk

Ability to have similar but independent "blocks" for MIDI, audio and audomation on the arrange page. Also the ability to group these blocks, with visual feedback. (So eg. you can see that "aha, those blocks are grouped together because all has green border" etc...)

Reason has a pretty nice feature, where you modify the content of one "block" it automatically changes its colour, but just a little, so you can spot identical blocks, but similar ones as well. (Base lead part is red, and one variation of the base lead is lighter red).

cheers,
Rags

Message 10/14             27-Jul-04  @  01:52 PM   -   RE: what makes a hot sequencer?

SignalRunners - Andrew

ooh   full automation of vst parameters! IE: logic style baybeee or protools

"add filter cutoff"

then choose it among the other automation options: volume, pan, etc.

mmmmmmmm

but i would deffo buy this if it could do what ive mentioned ^^^^^ and on this post.

go for the gold, son!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)