aaa A reason to support software piracy - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: A reason to support software piracy

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/14             06-Aug-04  @  03:21 PM   -   A reason to support software piracy

Jock Munro

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Now I'm always one to go out and buy software coz I like having the originals, thats the same with CDs, DVDs and playstation games. But this has f*cked me off to the point where I'm gonna get a cracked version off the net. I think this is out of order...

I bought a new PC running XP, I would of loved to of had the money to get a MAc G5, but I had to compromise coz I didnt have the cash. So I go to reinstall my original copy of Cubase VST 3.6, ok its 6 years old. But it cost me bloody £350. The bastard wont install on XP, and this is Steinbergs response.

Hmmm, sorry but I'm heading straight for imesh.

Dear Mr Munro,

We are sorry but as your original purchased software is coming up to being 6 years old, we can not offer a version that will be compatible with current CPU's and Operating Systems.

You can upgrade your Cubase VST v3 to Cubase SX for £149.99. As Cubase SX retails for £569.99 this is quite a saving.

Regards,
Music Tech Support.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Arbiter Group PLC, Wilberforce Road,

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             06-Aug-04  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: A reason to support software piracy

greg

absolute jokers!!! must agree mate...im a kazaa lite whore but always like the originals...with such a lack of support despite how old the product is this is way out of order...couldn't the spend some r&d on making it work with xp?

amatuers!

greg

Message 3/14             06-Aug-04  @  04:26 PM   -   RE: A reason to support software piracy

dARKSTATe

Have you tried running VST 3.6 in compatibility mode mate?

Message 4/14             06-Aug-04  @  04:32 PM   -   RE: A reason to support software piracy

L$8

Link?:  No link

That sucks, I had the same problem with Cakewalk 5 when I upgraded to Win 2000.

I used to think that software OSes would stabilize at some point and the necessity for constant upgrades would decrease but it hasn't really happened. I guess both microsoft and software developers have a shared interest in keeping the sands constantly shifting.

A few years back Jeff Bezos the amazon guy suggested that software patents should be limited to 5 years...I think that would be great, have all software older than 5 years trickle down into the public domain...open source people would be able to take Cubase VST make it work in XP and even start building on top it.

Message 5/14             06-Aug-04  @  05:04 PM   -   RE: A reason to support software piracy

xoxos

time to switch to logic!

Message 6/14             06-Aug-04  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: A reason to support software piracy

SignalRunners - BLU

technology moves on man, not that im saying either way what i think, cos it basically doesnt matter at the end of the day to me what you do either way,

but you wouldnt take back your old 6 year old parallel port printer to the shop and expect them to replace it for a usb version would you?

If it was me, fuck it, id be on Overnet like a fly on shit downloading SX becuase the tech supposrt was kinda arsey, and you already own the 350 squid software so let your consience see this a s an update

btw- dont ever buy an apple if you dont like the cut throat shit! - i had to buy firewire 002 protools with my g5 and sell my 001 cos they dont come with standard pci ports!! when the technology looks like its diminishing even ever so slightly Mr Mcintosh pulls it from the machine *way* before its time (think floppy disc etc)

Message 7/14             06-Aug-04  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: A reason to support software piracy

digital rust

jesus, dude. can you really expect something to run that's 6 years old? they
don't support it anymore.

buy 2.0 when you can. it's worth it.

Message 8/14             06-Aug-04  @  09:02 PM   -   RE: A reason to support software piracy

craig

Does it suck? Yes.. But we software developers don't have crystal balls and we can't build software guaranteed to run three OS versions from now.

Message 9/14             12-Aug-04  @  09:21 AM   -   RE: A reason to support software piracy

RagnarOk

Well, tho only faking options they listed in their letter were about buying their newer products. They write down the word "sorry", but the whole letter is just a nicer version of "hey you moron, what did you expect, support for a 6 year old product?".

Sure, there are technical reasons, and a 6 year old software is just like a 50 year old car. Still, they missed that class when the teacher told "the client's always right"', and they could've tried to help you (dualboot system, switch compatibility, anything).

They didn't even tried that.

Message 10/14             12-Aug-04  @  10:12 AM   -   RE: A reason to support software piracy

k

Link?:  Link

yeah Jock - GET SX2!!!!!! - Just get it and be amazed at how crap VST was - lol

really there's NO comparison, SX2 is just SO much better - you'll be in heaven mate (and way more stable too)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)