aaa Gigasampler software sampler - any views ? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Gigasampler software sampler - any views ?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15             04-Aug-98  @  01:19 PM   -   Gigasampler software sampler - any views ?

steptoe

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anyone tried this product, the spec looks really cool

Gigasampler - the only sampler capable of handling instruments as large as the size of your hard disk

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             04-Aug-98  @  02:10 PM   -   RE: Gigasampler software sampler - any views ?

kilo

.... er..... and which instruments would they be then??..... no offense, but I cant think of any instrument that needs a Gb of multi-samples, unless Steinway developed a 300 octave piano !!

is this product actually tried and tested ?.. I thought it was still in Beta... and 700+ is alot to pay to be a guinea-pig tester

Message 3/15             06-Aug-98  @  01:20 AM   -   RE: Gigasampler software sampler - any views ?

Purple Haze

And...

If it claims it can use an instrument the size of your harddisk, what's the latency gonna be when it has to load a sample that isn't in memory ? And how correct will the overall timing be ? And how correct will it be when you got your sequencer running, maybe together with a few audio tracks at the same time ?
I'll first have to see, hear and extensively test it before it might seem more to me than an expensive toy.

Message 4/15             11-Aug-98  @  11:10 AM   -   RE: Gigasampler software sampler - any views ?

Andreas

I use it. I have not tested samples that are big as my harddrive, it's a cracked version. If you buy the full version you'll get a sampled piano 1 gig big. Anyway think it is super, but I have never tested a hardware sampler, but the program streams samples in realtime with Cubase, Cakewalk etc on 16 channels. And it's very easy!
You should test it!!

Message 5/15             11-Aug-98  @  12:52 PM   -   RE: Gigasampler software sampler - any views ?

kilo

CANT BLOODY AFFORD IT MATE !!!..... i can get an 8 output & scsi equipt s2000 for that price, which i'd rather have frankly for dance & general work especially gigs....

Message 6/15             12-Aug-98  @  02:04 AM   -   RE: Gigasampler software sampler - any views ?

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

Well I think it's a load of shit.. Fuck that gigasampler.

Message 7/15             12-Aug-98  @  06:06 AM   -   RE: Gigasampler software sampler - any views ?

Greenman

Um, Sedusa...don't hold back or anything...

Did you have a bad experience with it? I'm not being sarcastic...really, I just want to know...is it the product or just the whole idea of software samplers?

I'm a bit of a software nerd, so IMHO, I like the whole idea of making software versions of dance hardware (ReBirth, Signum s1100dx, etc)...everybody knows how much I like the S1100dx...

But, with Gigabutt, I think the idea of charging $800 is a big fucking insult...and then they try to market it to dance producers!! HA!!! HA!!! Radium Indeed...and i'm not a huge supporter of CRACKZ...

Message 8/15             12-Aug-98  @  08:35 AM   -   RE: Gigasampler software sampler - any views ?

Andreas

Greenman,

I also think $800 is an insult!! So I think you should be a temporary crack fan  
I tested the Signum but didn't get it, does it work? Maybe I'm to lazy?

Message 9/15             12-Aug-98  @  09:08 AM   -   RE: Gigasampler software sampler - any views ?

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

I was just in a bad mood and needed to vent.. but yes, the gigasampler just looks stupid to me.. What can I say, it just violates my aesthetics, seems like a not-that-great idea (latency and such, lack of knobs), and seems way too expensive... We must protest these ridiculously high priced bits of code and say "down with the man!!" .. (Ok, maybe my bad mood's not gone quite yet)

Message 10/15             12-Aug-98  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: Gigasampler software sampler - any views ?

Richie

How mutch is it going to cost once you've added an outputs board to your pc as well? 1200+ or something...

You could get a seriously nice sampler for that!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)