aaa Dear Kilo !!! K2000 - to buy or not to buy ? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Dear Kilo !!! K2000 - to buy or not to buy ?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/16             18-Aug-98  @  05:03 PM   -   Dear Kilo !!! K2000 - should I ??????????

Alex

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi falks ! THANKS KILO JUST FOR YOU ARE!!! NO,REALLY, THANKS !!!
I'm Alex. I need your assistance.
I am interested in techno sound for about three years. First I had Ensoniq ASR + midi keyboard, after Roland XP-50.
In the first case I got very week one (it had very boring operating system and no resonance), after - cool guy, but with a lack of bass drums and with too soft sound. The thing I need - is kinda synth/sampler with TOUGH sounding for about
2000$ with good drums, basses and possibility to create a song using only one machine / i mean, i could afford only one synth. What do you think? Is it possible? I was told a lot about K 2000. Should I buy it ? Or maybe better to get THE RAVEN or Yamaha EX 5 ? Need replies !!! Please !!! THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE !!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             18-Aug-98  @  05:37 PM   -   RE: Dear Kilo !!! K2000 - to buy or not to buy ?

kilo

a3000... and add to that...but it'll do audio-internal waves...... yup if there are no bug problems, the ex5 may be ok too... but depends if you have a sequencer already...... personally if you do, i'd get an a3000 and a couple of synths.....ana analog and a fm... or get an a 3000 and a supernova... that'll do you the lot mate... at around 2000 all in, but you'll get a discount for buying both cash !!..... or even not cash... haggle around the shops..... or cheaper, try a different sampler... akai s2000 is now down to 850 ish with 8 outs and scsi as standard included... a very good deal... but a3000 already has excellent fx built in, and will work with your pc nice cos it reads .wav files....

yup... an a-3000 and a supernova..... what a team !

Message 3/16             18-Aug-98  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: Dear Kilo !!! K2000 - to buy or not to buy ?

Alex

Many thanks for such a quick response ! I'll follow your
advice. The only thing I'm afraid of - is Japanese softness of sound (of course i have experience only in using Roland). Won't I have it in my Akai ? And besides, really somuch told about German The Raven, worth it or not ? THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

Message 4/16             18-Aug-98  @  06:22 PM   -   RE: Dear Kilo !!! K2000 - to buy or not to buy ?

JAWA (cough, splutter)

ahem.... A3000 soft?! excuse me?!

Nah..... its pretty as upfront as samplers get i reckon anyway, you can really get some dirty shit happening in there........ yeah supernova + a3000 = funfunfunfunfun.

Message 5/16             18-Aug-98  @  06:47 PM   -   RE: Dear Kilo !!! K2000 - to buy or not to buy ?

Alex

Thanks, JAWA! Any ideas about EX of Yamaha or Emu e-Synth, cause now a days I don't have sequencer and I'm interested to have workstation-like gear. Thanks again.

Message 6/16             19-Aug-98  @  11:50 AM   -   RE: Dear Kilo !!! K2000 - to buy or not to buy ?

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

The EX series is a little weak sounding, but all the presets are over-effected, which colors my opinion. I've had an e6400, very punchy, good filters; prob'ly the best straight ahead sampler ever. Now I've got a k2000, love it for versatility and quickness, and very well supported by users (better than anything else out there). Many of my friends have a3000's, and though I'd still keep my k2 the two of them together is a monster.

I'm surprised kilo doesn't just recommend the Supernova. It sounds like you're into straight ahead dance music by your description of sound needs, in which case this should be it.

Message 7/16             19-Aug-98  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: Dear Kilo !!! K2000 - to buy or not to buy ?

while the ex5 presets are very effected, I think you'll find that both the AN section and the AWM sections can get really freakin hard. The _sound_ of the box is very good, in my opinion and I find myself just running it's output right to DAT more and more, where I used to do a lot of compressing, eq-ing in my mac. and the effects are really kick-ass -- the same engine as the A3k but with the ability it have four sets of two effects + a general reverb chorus all going at once. the scsi is slow and there are a few bugs, but as a trinity killer the EX rocks.

Message 8/16             20-Aug-98  @  04:39 PM   -   RE: Dear Kilo !!! K2000 - to buy or not to buy ?

Alex

Many thanks, guys!!! O.k. Tomorrow I'll go to check out
EX,K2000 and Supernova... mmm... maybe Akai. Thanks... See you...

Message 9/16             20-Aug-98  @  04:44 PM   -   RE: Dear Kilo !!! K2000 - to buy or not to buy ?

Alex

Completely forgotten... I found this site three days ago... it's the coolest thing i have now... the most friendly people are here... /i'm from Russia, by the way...

Message 10/16             20-Aug-98  @  10:26 PM   -   RE: Dear Kilo !!! K2000 - to buy or not to buy ?

JAWA

also...... don't forget the asrx now..... really easy to sample and cut loops around..... i bought one over an a3000 because i found it easier to work with and you can do come amazing things with the fx on board which are superb..... its also table top unit which i find easier to use too as reaching to your rack and poking around is no where near as easy as if its on your lap like the asrx.....

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)