aaa Static-X/Evil Disco - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Static-X/Evil Disco

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/17             12-Jan-04  @  01:24 AM   -   Static-X/Evil Disco

nextmistake

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok...Hey all.....This might be the completly wrong place to ask this but I stubbled on this website whilst searching. I dont know whether any of you have heard of the band STATIC-X , but if you havent then I'll try to explain there music style.. It is coined as EVIL DISCO because its like.....hmmmm.... I guess like fast paced metal music but WAYNE(the singer)adds like.....programming? dancey sounding? bits into it like you know them sounds you get in dance music...the beeps and boops and the strange alien like sounds that loop and stuff. yeah well I might not be very good at explaining this BUT...... I wanna make that kinda music.... I play guitar in a band and thats my intrument of chocie...actually...my life , lol , but I want to dabble in this kind of music.....putting heavy guitars over dance techno patterns. if anybody wants to listen to any static-x with that kind of thing to know what Im talking about , download SHADOWZONE , or COLD.... this has the kind of thing in it that I want to do. The stuff at the start of shadow zone and basically all the way through COLD....... well finally the question is , are there any computer programs you can buy or download that let you do this kind of thing ? like I know theres dance ejay which Ill probably check out but you cant actually create your own bits you just use there samples. I already know how to record my guitar onto the computer so yeah its just a case of getting some program or something to make this happen. Alright sorry this was a bit long winded I hopie somebody can help. Thanx....
CASPER XXXX

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             12-Jan-04  @  01:49 AM   -   RE: Static-X/Evil Disco

influx

Link?:  Link

evil disco? seriously?

it was called industrial like...errr...15 years ago?

Message 3/17             12-Jan-04  @  02:38 AM   -   RE: Static-X/Evil Disco

nextmistake

no no , I know its widely called industrial just static-x are a little different I guess so coined themselves as "evil disco" its not really serious its just what people call them sometimes.....so can u help me ?...
CASPERXXXX

Message 4/17             12-Jan-04  @  03:08 AM   -   RE: Static-X/Evil Disco

craig

Link?: Link

Heh. I can help... You need to learn a bit about synth and sampler programming, and how to program beats. Start off with some software synthesizers. Read everything you can find on sequencing, analog synth programming, and especially sampling. There's lots of good info here.

And for God's sake... Get some KMFDM   You'll do yourself a great service if you take Influx's sarcastic suggestion and check out the stuff people were doing 10 years ago in this style. Static-X is really watered down comparatively.

-Craig

PS - If my last group had stuck around I probably would've opened their recent show in Rochester..

Message 5/17             12-Jan-04  @  03:35 AM   -   RE: Static-X/Evil Disco

nextmistake

Yeah well If i get into it enough then I will buy stuff and that but at the moment I was just wondering if there are any like.....software I can buy !? or preferably download for free.. like dace ejay ...but better.....lol , anything like that !?
CASPER XXX
p.s thanx for your help..
p.p.s at this present moment in time I am downloading TWOSTEPSBACK from your band....fuck man u could have opened for static x...i muchly love static x..... lol

Message 6/17             12-Jan-04  @  06:50 AM   -   RE: Static-X/Evil Disco

influx

yeah, Im sarcastic. sorry.

Static-X tryin to cop some new "name" for a "new genre" is fcking stupid as it gets.

as for makin the tunes...hell...a sampler and some synths and a sequencer.

software or hard, take your pick!

oh, and....it aint quite the same, but...go check out Fear Factory "ReManufactured"

more metal/hardcore but fcking sick nonetheless

Message 7/17             12-Jan-04  @  07:46 AM   -   RE: Static-X/Evil Disco

panama

might wanna try Impulse Tracker or Pro Tools free

Message 8/17             12-Jan-04  @  09:23 AM   -   RE: Static-X/Evil Disco

nextmistake

Hey panama.... what site could i download those from !?....and if i do could you maybe teach me a little bit how to use em !? thanx......
sorry if I seem a little dense just Ive never dabbled in this kinda music before ...
CASPER XXX

Message 9/17             12-Jan-04  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: Static-X/Evil Disco

beds

protools free is win98 only. probably still up on the digidesign site

Message 10/17             12-Jan-04  @  01:31 PM   -   RE: Static-X/Evil Disco

slickqd

Or you couyld purchase Orion Pro for 99.00 dollars and it provides all the functionality.

go to www.sonicsyndicate.com  

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)