aaa digital audio multitracking - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

24-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: digital audio multitracking

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/19             27-Nov-98  @  03:40 AM   -   digital audio multitracking

uriel99

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

im computer stupid. ive been working with analog equipment until now. i need to know exactly how to record a live track while playing a previously recorded track. at the same time. i know its a stupid question but ive been back and forth through the manual and im gettin zilch. i can record the first track but i cant record another while playing the first one. please help. i know theres a simple solution for my problem and dont tell me to read the manual.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/19             27-Nov-98  @  03:45 AM   -   RE: digital audio multitracking

xoxos

Link?:  Link

well for a start you could mention what type of equipment you're using.

xoxos.

Message 3/19             27-Nov-98  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: digital audio multitracking

JohnDo

try multiquence at http://www.goldwave.com/. This lets you import or record audio and then record a new track while listening to the other (or others). You can then mix, put fx on etc. It is quite intuitive. You can loop audio tracks too (drum loops etc). If you can use a 4-track you can probably use this. Also cakewalk etc does this stuff but costs more. Multiquence is shareware but is fully functional.

There are other multitrack software packs but these are the two I know.

ps. if you use too many tracks and/or fx with multiquence it will jump and jitter but will render the mix to a wav file as smooth as a babies behind.

Message 4/19             27-Nov-98  @  02:13 PM   -   RE: digital audio multitracking

what kind of soundcard do you have ???

/troels

Message 5/19             28-Nov-98  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: digital audio multitracking

rouge

Exactly. You need a full duplex soundcard. You don't mention software or hardware.

Message 6/19             28-Nov-98  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: digital audio multitracking

rouge

Exactly. You need a full duplex soundcard. You don't mention software or hardware.

But get a Roland VS. Don't go the PC way.

Message 7/19             30-Nov-98  @  06:24 PM   -   RE: digital audio multitracking

beaver

whats wrong with the pc? it's cheaper, easier to upgrade and editing is much easier.

Message 8/19             30-Nov-98  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: digital audio multitracking

99devils

PCs are by far superior to those all in one beasts...

-Craig

Message 9/19             30-Nov-98  @  06:54 PM   -   RE: digital audio multitracking

shado

Link?:  Link

read the first posting dude. the guys computer stupid. get a VS instead of wasting 6 months fucking with soundcards and plug and pray and all the other creative killing crap. dale

Message 10/19             30-Nov-98  @  09:21 PM   -   RE: digital audio multitracking

rouge

I'm with shadow - PC's waste time twiddling with virtual faders and knobs. I've tried it and I don't like it. The Roland VS is so much more straight forward.

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)