aaa sound card help - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: sound card help

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/20             02-Aug-04  @  09:15 AM   -   sound card help

Jock Munro

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I need some quick advice. I just got a new PC with an Creative Labs Audigy soundcard in it.

I was gonna swap it out with an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 (which I havent bought yet).

Is this worth doing ? Or will the Audigy card be ok ?

Another thing, if I were to keep the Audigy, where on earth can i buy a midi lead that actually plugs into the Audigy card, as the connections are different to an midi lead/converter thing that I have in my studio.

Cheers

jock

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/20             02-Aug-04  @  09:36 AM   -   RE: sound card help

milan

midi cable- in a pc store. its called a midi controller cable or something stupid like that, cant remember.

soundcard- audiophile would be better. lower latency, better drivers, better resolution etc, not to get into details...

Message 3/20             02-Aug-04  @  10:25 AM   -   RE: sound card help

k

Link?:  Link

yeah, get the audiophile - but i've got an old midi cable knocking around for a sblive fitting and it costs 30 quid!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/20             02-Aug-04  @  01:53 PM   -   RE: sound card help

GrooveMonkey

yeah, go for a decent card...

But before you do, go here http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/intro.php

they do some nifty drivers for the soundblaster series, very low latency, fx etc etc tec

G

Message 5/20             05-Aug-04  @  04:18 AM   -   RE: sound card help

Musineer Productions

I've run an Audigy Platinum EX on a class PC for over two years and it has been
fine. I've got an Audiophile at home and that's fine too. The Audigy has loads more
inputs, with a latency of only 4ms, which I can live with. The Audiophile was about
a third of the cost. Upgrading drivers after changing 98 to XP was a chore with the
Audigy, but their customer help was good.

Message 6/20             06-Aug-04  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: sound card help

Jock Munro

I ended up getting the Audiophile. I installed it last night, but cant get the midi to work.

With my old puter all I had to do was switch the thing on and I was able to play my master keyboard and trigger the midi chain before the PC had booted up or loaded any software.

Is it different with the Audiophile card, at the moment I have no software like cubase installed, I was hoping the same thing would happen, but no, facking nothings happening. I've swapped out the midi leads so I know its not that.

Anyone ?

Message 7/20             07-Aug-04  @  11:18 AM     Edit: 07-Aug-04  |  11:19 AM   -   RE: sound card help

k

Link?:  Link

check your assigned midi ports in sounds & audio devices in control panel - but don't worry - what sequencer do you use - because you can assign the port there and for stand-alones like when running say Kontakt sampler stand-alone to setup some sample sets for example, again you assign the in midi port in the preferences there

you DID fully remove all traces of the dreaded BSLive or whatever?? - like you UN-installed it BEFORE taking out the card and if you have on-board sound & midi ports on the motherboard, they are also disabled in your BIOS yes?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/20             09-Aug-04  @  09:49 AM   -   RE: sound card help

Jock Munro

Cheerz K, will be working on that tonight.

Message 9/20             09-Aug-04  @  03:57 PM   -   RE: sound card help

greg

jock are you talking double mid leads on one end and what looks like a joystick connection on the other? if so i may have one lying around which im quite happy to post you...of course it may not be the right one or i may have lost it but ill have a looky...

can't help on the card as im only on an sblive 1024....and no nothing!

greg

Message 10/20             19-Aug-04  @  11:16 AM   -   RE: sound card help

greg

how did you get on Jock?

find the lead you were talking about?

http://i4.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/e5/26/87_2.JPG

that was the one i was talking about...

greg

Pages: 1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)