aaa Visuals . . . . - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Visuals . . . .

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/21             29-Aug-98  @  05:22 AM   -   Visuals . . . .

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Alright . . . a long shot here. I'm very interested in learning how to go about creating about visuals to accompany music -- computer or film. Anyone know any resources that they could point me to?

---
Brad

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/21             29-Aug-98  @  07:22 AM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

buggo

yeh, i know of a prog called cthga97..."the oscilloscope on acid" that makes wacked out designs to music. i fucking love it. i got it at download.com....do a "quick search" for "rave" and you should find it...that's only because I remember it mentioned it was popluar at raves and so it will show up in the description...

Message 3/21             29-Aug-98  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

jason.rowe

saw something in US, it was a light show box which ran of a seperate midi track, i image you just send it messages and different lights go on etc.

Message 4/21             01-Sep-98  @  07:14 AM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

mbiel

Bliss paint is great and can be triggered via Midi. It is a mac program. Check it out at imaga.com.
For lighting, there are some dimmer packs that can be controlled by Midi such as OPtasy. A good place to check out is http://www.microweb.com/ronpell/MusicVisualizers.html There is a program called BOMB which is quite good also.

Message 5/21             01-Sep-98  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

Dan S.

Steinberg have a program which let's you display images and animations along with different effects like morphing etc, all midi-controllable. Can't remember the name though. Anyone?

Message 6/21             01-Sep-98  @  09:32 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

oh oh

big deal

Message 7/21             02-Sep-98  @  04:14 AM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

srend2

If you can project what's on your computer screen upwards, try Syntrilliums screen savers....Kalaidescope and Snowqualmie. The latter is more interesting but it's still in the beta stages. They both react to whatever is plugged into the soundcard. Cheap and fun.......also, you can manipulate them so that the visuals look nothing like the presets...

Message 8/21             02-Sep-98  @  01:21 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

Jock

You need a piece of software called Arkaos. I dont know if your be able to download any demo versions of the net but its meant to be the dogs trolleys. I saw it at one of Jarres concerts last year. It is definately worth looking at.

But then you dont have to restrict yourself to using a PC. If its large scale imaging call STL Lighting on 0860 165 264. We can supply lasers, giant projections, back drops, intelligent lighting, searchlights, par can rigs, fireworks, pyrotechnics, staging/rigging, scaff towers, and of course shit loads of PA / pro audio.

Not that I was plugging my mates company there I just wanted to give some helpful advise!

Message 9/21             02-Sep-98  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

mbiel

I think the program is Xpose by Arkaos. It is a mac program but they are suppose to come out with a "lite" version that is PC. You can check it out at Steinberg's site.

Message 10/21             02-Sep-98  @  07:16 PM   -   RE: Visuals . . . .

you need some phat 3d stuff (maybe a giant dinosaur
or whatever), 100 cute chicks dancing around,
5 hot cars and more stuff like that...

? right ?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)