aaa Something to think about... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Something to think about...

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/21             04-Jul-02  @  02:24 PM   -   Something to think about...

Jock

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm in the very early stages of organising an outdoor event for next summer, in Maidstone, Kent, England. I would love for all the acts to be synthy based. Sort of like a Synth Live Aid event.

It may seem like a long way off, but there is a lot of planning to do. You wont get paid for it. Its purely to get a chance to perform outside. The venue is the new millenium park that has a good performing area/stage underneath a permanent structure.

The only perk I can offer is that I promise to make you sound and look good and that you can walk away with it all video taped.

K. Would be nice to even put the Dancetech name to it if you wanna get on the bandwagon.

The first ever Dancetech Festival ?

Comments please !

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/21             04-Jul-02  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: Something to think about...

Maarten

Link?: Link

Nice initiative, I'm not there yet though... maybe in a year or two?  

Message 3/21             04-Jul-02  @  03:47 PM   -   RE: Something to think about...

driftkicker

i will defenitly come to your party if you get it realized.., i won' t perform i guess. but wouldn't it be great to see all the faces that belong to all the names on DT? i think the

DANCE TECH
"which party for trance?"

festival can be a fantastic happening with loads of new music. The good side is that there will be weird experimental sounds, wich will be received well,at least with curiosity and respect, cos everybody knows that there are new,unknown performers. i've seen quitte often that tracks are "to new", i've cleared dancefloors a few times;it feels so BAD,the WHOLE audience goes to get a drink, to return only to dancing when some dj trows a floorfiller, after the by then totally humiliated, frustrated and intensely suicidal live p.a. has left the stage crying.
yeyeye been there..:-(

Driftkicker

Message 4/21             04-Jul-02  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: Something to think about...

Jock

Well this millenium park is not particulary huge. You are really only looking at getting a maximum of 5000 audience, maybe more. We've got all the technical side completely covered, both sound, lighting, staging etc. That is the easiest bit. Just getting the bastard council to agree and promoting it is the hard bit.

Its not gonna be a rave, it will run from midday to 10pm. Giving everyone enough time to get to the pub afterwards.

Message 5/21             04-Jul-02  @  04:19 PM   -   RE: Something to think about...

driftkicker

yeah jock, so it will be like an

AUDIO-ART-MANIFESTATION.
"a vibrant showcase of today's leading audio artists, performing on the cutting edge of
the newly explored futuristic hi-tech
spirituality trough frequency based emotional response modulation concept.

in holland it works when you want a place to do a rave, just say it is an arty thing, get a few artists hanging their masterpieces somewhere in the veneu. with some luck you'll even be subsedized overhere. we are all completely mad in holland. especially those who have to do with the government etc.Maybe an idea for you to get what you want from council. just don't mention the words HOUSE,DANCE,MDMA,DEEP BASS ROLLING OF THE HILLS,DJ'S,REPETITIVE-SYNTH-SYNDROME,
LOTS-OF-PEOPLE-GOING-REALLY-BERZERK..
well you get the idea.

DRIFTKICKER

Message 6/21             04-Jul-02  @  04:26 PM   -   RE: Something to think about...

Jock

heh heh, you are certainly right. I wont be giving the game away to the council. As soon as I get the permission and the access they can fack off !

one thing I do want to do. We are gonna have a very big white screen at the back of the stage to back project images onto. Most probably using arkaos. So any potential acts that are interested can also work on their own visuals and bring them with them ! cool !!

Message 7/21             04-Jul-02  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: Something to think about...

k

Link?:  Link

lets do it this time then!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/21             04-Jul-02  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: Something to think about...

Jock Munro

Exactly, I've done a few in the past, but they have all been hastily thrown together. But this time we can plan it to perfection. We are all older, uglier and wiser to pull this one off.

Message 9/21             04-Jul-02  @  04:39 PM   -   RE: Something to think about...

k

Link?:  Link

well I'm sure if it's done properly Bendy Toy will show up he'd be good with a crowd and he's professional/experienced, probably Exploding Plastic too (heard them?.. excellent!!), I can get a few Brixton-ites & other Londoners to do a set, I could get a few live proper trance sets too (not euro-trance), and i'll do something too ok!... Could get you a garage set or two also IF required, but synth/live would be better across the board.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/21             04-Jul-02  @  04:41 PM   -   RE: Something to think about...

milan

k, u can get Exploding Plastix? i´d be there! they´re mad!

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)