aaa 1202VLZ or 1402VLZ - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: 1202VLZ or 1402VLZ

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/23             12-Aug-98  @  05:07 PM   -   1202VLZ or 1402VLZ Mackie Mixer

djoskar

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I want a Mackie Mixer. Don't know which model to buy though. I'm on a budget so I can't afford the 1604VLZ. Is 12 channels sufficient now and later down the road on the 1202 or should I opt for the 1402. Why? I new to this s@#!$. Making dance music with PC and outboard gear. Thank you.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/23             12-Aug-98  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: 1202VLZ or 1402VLZ

rouge

get the 14 channel. the 12 doesn't have faders

Message 3/23             12-Aug-98  @  09:29 PM   -   RE: 1202VLZ or 1402VLZ

john

um, just get a behringer mx2004a eurorack.

20 possible input channels (8 mono 4 stereo, plus 2 tape in and 2 extras that can be either another stereo output or input)

mono channels have high, mid, mid-freq, and low plus lowpass to elminate mic rumble, thump, etc (pointless for electronic music for the most part, but hey ...) as well as an insert jack. stereo channels have high, high mid, low mid, and low EQ and a balance (as opposed to PAN) control.

um, two separate effects sends (sends are mono though, although returns are stereo).

very clean ... never noticed any noise from it. 60mm faders, track pretty smooth. it's a nice little deal. got mine for $349 US.

i believe this puts it in the mackie 1202 range in terms of price?

-john

Message 4/23             12-Aug-98  @  11:43 PM   -   RE: 1202VLZ or 1402VLZ

weasel

The lowest 1202 VLZ I've seen is $329 at guitar center. Though Musician's Friend will
match the price if you mention this, and then you avoid the sales tax...

Message 5/23             13-Aug-98  @  07:40 PM   -   RE: 1202VLZ or 1402VLZ

rouge

yeah, the beringher, why are these so much cheaper?
brand new a 24 channel is cheaper than a 2nd hand Mackie 16 channel!

Message 6/23             13-Aug-98  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: 1202VLZ or 1402VLZ

buggo

Because (and i know blatant gear slags are frowned upon, but...) BEHRINGER SUCKS...he he...Well, I'm not sure about all of 'em, but I really like a mixer that feels solid and sounds nice and all, and while the noise factor was about the same on the mackie and the behringer, the B. just felt like shit (looser pots, faders weren't as tight, etc.) Plus I think featurewise the Mackie has more. I'm going to buy the 1404vlz when I can afford it, (one of the things I especially like about it is you can route shit to a separate bus when you mute a track; it doesn't JUST mute...) you can get a lot of flexibility out of the mackie, and as i said, my favorite thing of all about it is it's built like a fucking brick wall...

but you DO get more inputs for yer buck out of the Behringer, so you can run all your sampler's individual outs thru it, or whatever you want.

Message 7/23             14-Aug-98  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: 1202VLZ or 1402VLZ

bill

Link?:  Link

i'm getting a mixer in september. got 400ukp to spend on it (at the most, but obviously, if i can get by for cheaper i will). ideally i want:

16 or more inputs - with inserts
good-ish eq
at least 4 subgroups (with inserts)
at least 2 aux sends

that'll do. was thinking about the seck 18:8:2 - but this talk about mackies has made me consider them as well - what model should i look out for?

Message 8/23             14-Aug-98  @  07:57 PM   -   RE: 1202VLZ or 1402VLZ

rouge

tell me, whats this VLZ thing? and what is a rotopod?

Message 9/23             14-Aug-98  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: 1202VLZ or 1402VLZ

skul

VLZ stands for "Very Low Noise" or something to that effect - basically it refers to the nice clean circtuitry in the new Mackie stuff.

the Rotopod is a device that allows you to mount the input/output strip just about any way you want on the 1604.

Message 10/23             15-Aug-98  @  02:00 AM   -   RE: 1202VLZ or 1402VLZ

buggo

One thing i still don't get....what's a channel insert? The Mackie (1404) has 'em on the back panel...what do they do?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)