aaa getting my SUPERNOVA manyana - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: getting my SUPERNOVA manyana

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/24             29-Jul-98  @  09:35 PM   -   getting my SUPERNOVA manyana

kilo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

sorry... but i am.... so full-time demo's to follow,... wish i had a virus to try it with

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/24             29-Jul-98  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: getting my SUPERNOVA manyana

Blunted

It's about time.....are they for sale yet?

Message 3/24             30-Jul-98  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: getting my SUPERNOVA manyana

kilo

no.... there is only one being produced in the whole world... and it's mine i tell you !!.... heh heh... dunno... call your main retailer...

Message 4/24             30-Jul-98  @  05:43 AM   -   RE: getting my SUPERNOVA manyana

The_Pimp

It should be available soon in the UK if not now....I envy all you who live in england you get most of the cool stuff first. Mind you, you pay alot more for it too....I guess it's a trade off.

Jeremy Arsenault

Message 5/24             30-Jul-98  @  05:59 AM   -   RE: getting my SUPERNOVA manyana

kilo

depends mate... actually, our pound is strom=ng.... so we get better deals on nippon gear than you guys with your limp dollar... and homegrorwn like the nova is cheap too..... and european stuff has less far to travel.... so where d'you get that idea?

Message 6/24             30-Jul-98  @  07:10 AM   -   RE: getting my SUPERNOVA manyana

The Pimp

Cause for a lot of gear taking into acount the exchange rate it is cheaper here. Some examples a Korg N5 has a list price of 725 pounds in the UK where as in Canada it has a list price of $1200 Canadian. The exchange rate right now is something like $2.40 to the pound so if it cost the same here as it does in the UK it would be $1800. That's quite a difference. Then there is the the CS1X it has a list price of 499 pounds in the UK where as I spent $899 canadian including taxes (15%) which is a hell of alot cheaper. I know some kit is probably cheaper and I know list prices are not often the actuall price but with a large % of the gear I have seen it is cheaper here in Canada then in the UK and cheaper still in the US. It's probably just the exchange rate that is making it so cheap but on the other hand I really think the synth market subsidises North American users it being a bigger market then the UK and Europe.

Jeremy Arsenault

Message 7/24             30-Jul-98  @  09:28 AM   -   RE: getting my SUPERNOVA manyana

KILO

true for mass produced stuff.... but i can grab the paper every day, and there is tons of old stuff going piss cheap within a few miles....
also, we dont have to treck 150 miles thru the mountains with a dog sled team to try one.... :-) ,

Message 8/24             30-Jul-98  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: getting my SUPERNOVA manyana

JAWA

controversial...

Message 9/24             30-Jul-98  @  04:48 PM   -   RE: getting my SUPERNOVA manyana

Blunted

So did ya get it yet?

Message 10/24             30-Jul-98  @  05:56 PM   -   RE: getting my SUPERNOVA manyana

kilo

nope... the beastie still aint arrived.... and it's 18.12.. probably what happened was that they missed the deadline to send it yesterday

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)