aaa MC 505, DR 202 Dr. Groove, Waldorf Pulse... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: MC 505, DR 202 Dr. Groove, Waldorf Pulse...

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/25             26-Sep-98  @  01:48 PM   -   MC 505, DR 202 Dr. Groove, Waldorf Pulse...

DJ Phallus

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi.
I'm still wondering what to buy next... (I've got an MPC2000)
There's a guy in my class who sais he can get me an mc 505 groovebox for 18 000
Belgian francs (I think that's about 300 pounds...) - as opposed to about 55 000
normal price... Think that's a good deal.
BUT I don't know if it's the synth for me - it's got a seq and I already have that... And I
have played around with one and I think it's better for techno, not d'n'b and big beat
and hip hop...
So I'd rather get the DR Groove from Boss and a Waldorf Pulse - that guy will see
what price he can give me... If it's just as cheap, I think I'll buy that instead...
Anybody got experience with the DR. Groove (DR202)??? Is it any good?
TNX...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/25             27-Sep-98  @  12:31 AM   -   RE: MC 505, DR 202 Dr. Groove, Waldorf Pulse...

buggo

get a pulse. fuck the 505.

Message 3/25             27-Sep-98  @  09:57 AM   -   RE: MC 505, DR 202 Dr. Groove, Waldorf Pulse...

DJ Phallus

Yeah, but it's mono ... Of course I have a sampler, so that's no real problem, but it is if I want a lot
of realtime modification...
Oh, I've also got a D50 (it's actually my girlfriend's dad's, but I can use it...) so I've already got one
synth... If I add two Pulse's, that would do the trick too, wouldn't it? And the DR. Groove also has
one bass voice...

Message 4/25             27-Sep-98  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: MC 505, DR 202 Dr. Groove, Waldorf Pulse...

influx

Link?:  Link

Get the pulse so youcan make me jealous!

Message 5/25             27-Sep-98  @  10:16 AM   -   RE: MC 505, DR 202 Dr. Groove, Waldorf Pulse...

Purple Haze

Hey phallus... 18000 is pretty cheap... friend of mine was able to buy one for 34000. The mc505 has got a lot of dnb/hiphop like sounds and patterns... question is do you want to use them ? Isn't the mc505 more in the area of things like that jamaha djx ?

Message 6/25             27-Sep-98  @  10:20 AM   -   RE: MC 505, DR 202 Dr. Groove, Waldorf Pulse...

Sedusa

Well, the Pulse has the reputation of being the sexy monosynth of this decade.. Never played with one, but it sounds SWEET on tape, so I like it... But, you're going for a more organic feel, right? It sounds like you need to make samples of (Whether stolen or self created) acoustic instruments.. This is a staple of Drum And bass, Big Beat, AND Hip Hop.. And a Sampler seems to be what you need... But don't go for the "DR Sampler" Research samplers, and figuyre out what it is that you need.. And what unit fills that void....

Message 7/25             27-Sep-98  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: MC 505, DR 202 Dr. Groove, Waldorf Pulse...

andreas.lindell

Hi!

Where can I buy a MC-505 for BEF 18000? Anyway I've tested the MC-505 and I think it was amazing! Don't know why the other guys is talking that much about the Pulse, don't think you can compare the machines! Thanks!

Andreas

Message 8/25             27-Sep-98  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: MC 505, DR 202 Dr. Groove, Waldorf Pulse...

buggo

yeah, but think about it...you can do a LOT of shit with a monosynth...hell, i use almost exclusively unison mode on my 106 (except for strings and pads of course.) and how much is the pulse if you can afford to buy 2?? shit i though they cost a lot...am i wrong? in any case i would never reccomend buying two of the same synth; shit, go for some variety rather than some polyphony!

Message 9/25             28-Sep-98  @  12:51 AM   -   RE: MC 505, DR 202 Dr. Groove, Waldorf Pulse...

Purple Haze

andreas... Maybe the mc505 sounds amazing, but strip away the built in patterns and sounds, and what have you got left ? A dj tool. It contains some very good built in patterns which sound like they have been done by people who know what they're doing, and it's a machine that lends itself very nice to be demoed with, and you can easily get a good groove out of it. But it's when you try to put your own sounds, grooves/patterns and ideas in that it starts to feel rather limited.
I had one for a couple of days, borrowed it from a friend and sampled some sounds of of it (haven't used them yet, dunno if I ever will). In the beginning when he had it he would always start to demo the patterns and sounds to me and get really excited, but when he wanted to do some stuff of his own he quickly got bored with it and now it's gathering dust in a corner.
It's just another device made to be sold and to sound like the music being made today, which is usually being made with yesterday's equipment. Go for the new, modern equipment of today instead of emulating devices and you'll be making the music of tomorrow.

Shit... I should really not drink and go online...

Honest, if I could buy an mc505 at 18000 belgian ones, I would go for it... but only in order to sell it with a profit, but to keep... nah, it felt too limited to me.

Message 10/25             28-Sep-98  @  09:23 AM   -   RE: MC 505, DR 202 Dr. Groove, Waldorf Pulse...

Sedusa

Fully, Purple Haze.. same way I feel.....

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)