aaa Romance All Dis Music - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Romance All Dis Music

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/25             27-Feb-04  @  07:20 PM   -   Romance - All Dis Music (A true story)!!!!

Kenneth "Romance" Wright (USA)

Link?:  No link

File?:  File

Google_Search_Romance_all_dis_music.htm

(Part 1)

Hi Rich!

Glad to hear from you! Yes, things are getting underway here. We are closer to making everything happen with our plan to bring the Chicago house music artists to the UK for a tour! As I mentioned before, it is a bit complicated in setting things up, but God is on our side, and we're closer than before to making it happen. OK.........I want to give you a little insight on my story of All Dis Music! Recently, I was with one of my business associates here in Chicago going over a draft of a production agreement for a new record label venture we're starting that will be based out of Chicago. As we were reviewing and fine-tuning the draft of the agreement, I stated to him that its good that we're protecting ourselves and future artists by having an agreement both lucrative and protective for the artists on the label. I went on to tell him how I had recorded a song many, many years ago, that was never released by the label (DJ International Records) and I never knew what happened with the song. My associate (casually) asked me what was the name of the song, and I replied "All Dis Music". I was seated on his sofa a few feet away from the computer where he was working on the production draft. I didn't realize that he was performing a title search on line. While I was still reviewing the paper draft of the production agreement, he asked me a few moments later what the name of the song was again. I stated "All Dis Music" (this time spelling it out for him) still unaware that he was conducting a title search on line. Seconds later, he excitedly proclaimed "Kenneth, I think I found your song"! Without me even looking away from the production agreement I was reviewing, I asked "what song"? He stated "your song "All Dis Music"!. At this point he had gotten my attention and I said "what"??? He again said "Yep, I think I found your song "All Dis Music"! As I hurriedly got up from the sofa to see what he was possibly talking about, I walked over to the computer and BEHOLD! There was my baby (A.D.M) sitting at #1 on a "all-time classic" chart by DJ John Kelly at Trustthedj.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could barely believe what I was seeing with my own eyes!!!!!!! Surely this was a mistake! (at least I thought)!!! I stood there frozen in front of the computer screen as if time was standing still. My associate was shocked as he asked me "you mean - you didn't know your song was on line"???? I couldn't speak. I remember walking away from the computer and going to his restroom where I fell to my knees, and began crying uncontrollably like a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I remember I was praying to God asking him "how, why, for what reason, please explain", etc........I couldn't stop crying. I remember my associate coming to the bathroom door and knocking, asking me if I was OK? I don't think I answered. I do remember him asking me if I needed some water. He brought me a glass of water and I asked him to please leave it outside the door (still crying). I continued questioning God from inside the bathroom on why had this happened????? My associate allowed me to have some private time for maybe 15-20 minutes, then he returned again to the restroom asking with concern "if I was alright, and did I need anything"? I slowly opened the door with tears streaming down my face and walked back to his living room where I sat down on the sofa, picked up the production agreement draft and stated, "as I was saying, we need to make sure this agreement will protect both the artists and the label" (I was obviously experiencing shock). Richard, at this point, I got up and went into the bathroom and began crying all over again (worse this time than at first)! My associate was freaking out and asked from outside the bathroom door "should I call your Mother"? I was able to mumble the word "yes", and he went to phone my mother to inform her what we'd just discovered. I was scared beyond words of what was happening to me (I thought I was having a nervous breakdown)!!!!! I couldn't catch up with my breathing and I TRULY felt and thought I was dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember thinking "OK, this is what it feels like to die". I began to pray and ask God to protect my family and loved ones because I knew in a short moment I would only be a memory. Moments later my associate was knocking on the bathroom door saying that my Mother was on the phone and was asking to speak with me. I opened the door slightly and took the cordless phone into my hand, placing it to my ear. The voice on the other end I recognized belonged to my dear sweet Mom. She said "Kenny, are you alright"? I replied saying "Mom how could they do this to me"??? (referring to DJ International) She replied saying "they're dirty, low-down" crooks"!! My Mom went further to tell me how she remember how hard I had worked on "A.D.M." while I was producing it, and that it was a shame that they had released my song without ever notifying me. My Mother spoke to me in a way that "only" a Mother could, and encouraged me not to worry because God won't allow them to get away with what they'd done. I felt a little better and she said if there was anything she could do, don't hesitate to let her know. I thanked her for being my Mother, and told her I'd phone her later. She asked to speak back with my associate, and I exited the bathroom returning to the living room where my associate was performing a more extensive title search on line having found by this time more than a dozen or so sites which featured my smash hit dance classic "All Dis Music"! We could hardly believe it!!! Here we were trying to figure out how to launch a new record label in hopes of scoring a hit and helping to share some positive great music with the world, and already around in several countries around the world I had a "super-hit" unbeknownst to me!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, I was experiencing every human emotion possible (anger, sadness, betrayal, extreme joy, disbelief, bitterness, etc....) As my associate and I continued searching and finding site after site with my song and reference to "A.D.M.", we both agreed that this story will "blow the lid off the record industry"! The sad part besides not ever being compensated from the success of "A.D.M." is the fact that the message in the song is about peace and love thru music, and they (the culprits) completely ignored it. In July 1987, I left Chicago going to Los Angeles, California (ironically the same year the House Sound Of Chicago Volume 3, Acid Tracks would be released in the UK) to embark on my search for success in this crazy, ruthless, crooked, record industry. Little did I realize, I was about to learn who Romance really was, and what I am truly made of !!!! (Part 2) Coming soon.

Sincerely,
Kenneth Wright
"Romance"
11:11

P.S. Coincidence? Definitely Not!!! *see google groups re: (All Dis Music@ alt.music.house) dated January 13, 2002!

solid.state@tiscali.co.uk wrote:
Hi Kenneth
Yes, Ill be seeing Larry At Electriks, If I get chance to say 'Hi' I'll
remind him about ADM!

Sounds like things are getting underway at your end, keep me posted as they
develop.

Peace out!

Richard

>-- Original Message --
>Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:52:38 -0800 (PST)
>From: Kenneth Wright
>Subject: Hi fromRomance
>To: Richard Hardcastle ,
> Richard Hardcastle
>
>
>Hi Richard!
>
>Long time no hear from you! I hope things are well there!! I only wanted
>to touch bases with you to say hi and to see how you're doing? Everything
>is going well with me here in the "states". I've been corresponding with
>Larry Heard, Adonis, Darryl Pandy, and Jamie Principle's manager about
us
>coming over there to do some long-awaited performances. I am really looking
>forward to it. It seems like it's taking a long time to happen, but I assure
>you it will take place! We would like to have Lolleta Holloway, Farley
"Jackmaster"
>Funk, and The D.A. appear with us so that it'll be a very grand affair!
I'm
>a little concerned about egos being subdued and controlled. I've performed
>with a few of the artists before and nothing unusual occurred, but that
was
>long ago before some of them gained "legendary" status! Anyway, I hope
things
>will go well without incident when we do arrive on your shores. Larry Heard
>will be at Electriks in a few days (on the 28th of this month). If you
run
>into him
> there say hi for me and see that he gives "All Dis Music" a spin (smile).
>OK, I gotta run now, but you take care and say hi to everyone for me. Keep
>in touch!!!!!!!!!

Peace,
"Romance"
Chicago, IL
U.S.A.
Romance1111@blackpages.com
Unclero2003@yahoo.com
Chiboommentertainment@hotmail.com

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/25             27-Feb-04  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: Romance All Dis Music

milan

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

wow... erm... i understand how that might come as a shock to the system

hope you can sort it out... and also remember someone owes you 17 years worth of royalties! (ouch)

Message 3/25             27-Feb-04  @  11:16 PM   -   RE: Romance All Dis Music

Romance

Hi Milan,
You're absolutely correct! Thanks for understanding! Take care.

God Bless U,
"Romance"
U.S.A.
11:11

Message 4/25             28-Feb-04  @  04:37 AM     Edit: 28-Feb-04  |  04:53 AM   -   RE: Romance All Dis Music

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

You need an attorney and its clear that you have not secured one or you would have been advised to keep quiet about the matter. I hate to be a killjoy but if you have a legal claim to royalties on your, "smash hit dance classic", and intend on pursuing litigation then wouldn't it be wise to abstain from any discussion of the matter, especially in a public forum? While I do wish you the best of luck, if you continue to air the matter publicly before your attorney has a chance to build a case then luck is all you will have going for you. For the sake of others in your position I urge you to check you emotions and stop all public discussion of the matter. If you have a case you will be entering a world of very sophisticated legal wrangling and you need to rise to the occasion, not drop to your knees weeping and crying out to anyone who will give you sympathy. GET A LAWYER - delete this post and any like it you may have posted elsewhere. You'll not, "blow the lid off the record industry", otherwise.

I'm going to stop now.

Message 5/25             28-Feb-04  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: Romance All Dis Music

Romance1111

Thanks for your response!

The one who represents me is the maker of the law! In case you didn't know, his name is Jesus Christ! He is more than able to advise me on the matter *Hebrews 10:35-36, Romans 1:17-20, and Romans 2:19-23. I pray that you understand. Behold, he comes quickly!

Peace,
K. Wright

Message 6/25             28-Feb-04  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: Romance All Dis Music

BluStudio

CAN A GET AN' AAAAAAAAAAAA-MEN??!!!

Message 7/25             28-Feb-04  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: Romance All Dis Music

k

hence the old saying

In God we trust, all others pay cash

dont mix up your faith with business, faith is a PRIVATE thing.

Message 8/25             29-Feb-04  @  02:41 AM     Edit: 29-Feb-04  |  02:57 AM   -   RE: Romance All Dis Music

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

Where the fuck did that come from. You're a nutcase. Get an attorney and stop the "holier than thou" grandstanding.

Message 9/25             29-Feb-04  @  08:41 AM   -   RE: Romance All Dis Music

k

Link?:  Link

Thanks for your response!

The one who represents me is the maker of the law! In case you didn't know, his name is Jesus Christ! He is more than able to advise me on the matter *Hebrews 10:35-36, Romans 1:17-20, and Romans 2:19-23. I pray that you understand. Behold, he comes quickly!

you're a fucking looney mate...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/25             29-Feb-04  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: Romance All Dis Music

milan

lol...i wonder whats this really about then

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)