aaa HHB Circle 5 Monitors - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/25             23-Jan-04  @  12:55 PM   -   HHB Circle 5 Monitors

Dingostema

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Any feedback would be uselful.

These passive monitors retail at about £450, I have been offered a pair s/h for £225 but whilst I have heard good things about them, I aint managed to listen for myself. Has anyone else heard/used them?

Cheers

Dingo

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/25             23-Jan-04  @  04:04 PM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

milan

Link?: Link

like i said dude... they are reasonably good monitors and will allow you to make decent mixes on them. they will sound better and have a lower bass extension than many small monitors BUT they will not sound as good as those genelecs or mackies you were so impessed with!

all in all, i think you could live with them perfectly well...

Message 3/25             23-Jan-04  @  04:44 PM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

BluStudio

you could buy brand new Alesis M1 actives for about £250 which are a great monitor, never heard the circle5 passive but IMHO until your ready to drop a grand on Hr824's or similar (genelecs) your not gonna be better off with the inbetween monitors. I would (i did) get a set of M1's untill you got cash (or confidence in your interest) and get Hr's.

Fuck it, id just get M1's anyway- they are the bizz and you will get as good a mix or better outta those than speakers twice the price. I have 824's now and yeah, they are in a different league, but the M1's are fuckin solid mate.

couldnt see yer profile so dunno what ya got just now right enough, but if you have a set of sub 200-300 squid monitors just now then buying the circle 5's would be like having a 1gig pentium pc and going out and buying a 1.4gig when you could wait/save a while and get a 3.2 gig ya know?

holy shit, went off on one ther so, well, yeah never heard em............ blu

Message 4/25             23-Jan-04  @  05:01 PM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

Dingostema

Hey guys, Milan, Alan,

Well firstly, I dont think that Im concerned about whether I'll continue with the music! Secondly, I have tried out the M1's and as you say, compared with mackies or genelecs they are poor. In all honestly I didnt like em at all and wouldnt spend £260 on them. I wanted to know about the Circle 5's as I can get a pair s/h for half the price of new ones through a mate of a mate. That coupled with an s/h samson amp and it may have been a winner. I know I will prolly just save up for 624's but I thought I'd ask anyways.

Cheers

Dingo

Message 5/25             23-Jan-04  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

BluStudio

hey man,

yeah, soz, didnt mean to bang on there.

anyway, wait and try give em a listen no? From what i read they are pretty decent speakers so thats prolly a decent price there, good luck mate

blu

Message 6/25             23-Jan-04  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

influx

never heard em, but I think theyre a bit over priced compared to comparable monitors in that same price range.

one thing...

KRK is coming out with a new range...the ST series. ST6 retails at $299 a pair. STUPID cheap, and...hopefully they should sound fine!

(oh, and thats powered, not passive)

I wouldnt ever buy a pair of monitors without hearing them first

Message 7/25             23-Jan-04  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

Dingostema

Hmm, maybe we'll see those KRK's at the expo at wembley in Feb. Depending of feedback on the circle 5's I was planning on going to have a listen. I agree, I would never buy monitors without listening to em.

Cheers

Dingo

Message 8/25             23-Jan-04  @  06:32 PM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

influx

oops. I lied. ST are passive

bummer

so how much is 250 ukp?

cuz theres the M-Audio BX8 for $499 and they sound impressive.

Message 9/25             27-Jan-04  @  11:04 AM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

Dingostema

Right. I have made a decision. Its Mackies, 624's. I will have to wait a few months but it'll be worth it!

Dingo

Message 10/25             27-Jan-04  @  06:24 PM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

cydonia cell

Link?:  No link

it's been said before but worth sayin' again... 6's don't quite get you there when you're making electronic music... at least most folks go for deep bass, lotsa bass... if you do that your mixes'll sound crap or you'll "learn" to compensate, which is another way of saying you'll develop a bad habit.

shrug... not familiar with the boxes you started the thread with, but if I were you I'd check out the bass response on those Mackie's. Just 'cause they sound good doesn't mean they're delivering a good mix.

Those BX8's are GREAT Influx. power, response and tunable. I have a friend with them and I love 'em. Gettin' a pair myself in a month or two.

e

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)