aaa Building a new music PC. Comments a - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Building a new music PC. Comments a

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/27             01-Jan-04  @  07:09 PM   -   Building a new music PC. Comments a

jj

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey!

My friend is building a new music PC. I need comments and suggestions on this setup he have choosen:

Soundcard: M-AUDIO DELTA AUDIOPHILE 2496
Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3000+, 400 MHz fsb
Motherboard: Asus A7V600
Memory: 2*512 MB DDR PC3200
Harddrives: 2* Maxtor 120GB Plus9, 8MB cache
Graphic card: HIS ATi Radeon 9600
CPU Cooler: Slim Silent Pro
Chassi: Chieftec BX-02B-B-B
Chassi fan: 2* Papst 80mm (80x80x25x)
DVD burner: NEC DVD brännare multiDVD

What do you think of this setup? Please come with tips and suggestions.

//jj

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/27             02-Jan-04  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: Building a new music PC. Comments a

k

pioneer 106 dvd/cd writer combi - it's not fussy about the media it can use as some drives. The OEM one (no box) is just the same but comes with no s/w (or box heh) - it has burnproof.

Message 3/27             02-Jan-04  @  12:06 PM     Edit: 02-Jan-04  |  12:10 PM   -   RE: Building a new music PC. Comments a

BluStudio

Link?: Link

got the pioneer 106 here meself- burnt tons of stuff on different discs, data, videos' - all perfect. Prolly quite old now in terms of home dvd burning hardware but quality still. - actually thinking , mine came unboxed/no discs, didnt realise there was anything more to it than the shop saving a few squid from their suppliers. Learn something new........

blu

Message 4/27             02-Jan-04  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: Building a new music PC. Comments a

craig

I've got a rebranded NEC here, and it's not fussy about anything.

-Craig

Message 5/27             02-Jan-04  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: Building a new music PC. Comments a

influx

Link?:  Link

the rest of the specs look pretty damn impressive.

pay attention to proper installation of everything, keep it clean and it should provide you with a healthy amount of functionality

Message 6/27             04-Jan-04  @  01:21 AM   -   RE: Building a new music PC. Comments a

psylichon

What's your monitor situation? Don't be hookin' that badboy up to a 15" bubble. I highly recommend dual 17" flat CRT's.... they're really cheap and you can probably get package deals with a dual head card. k just got a deal like that, maybe he can hook you up. does the 9600 do dual head? ATI cards are nice...

Message 7/27             04-Jan-04  @  09:40 AM   -   RE: Building a new music PC. Comments a

k

yeah, but I didn't get flat 17's.. they were crt's

Message 8/27             04-Jan-04  @  04:39 PM   -   RE: Building a new music PC. Comments a

psylichon

I know... I specified flat CRT's because they're cheaper and I like them better than TFT. Trinitrons are still so easy on the eyes after all these years.

Message 9/27             04-Jan-04  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: Building a new music PC. Comments a

k

ah I see... flat crt's  

Message 10/27             05-Jan-04  @  11:38 AM   -   RE: Building a new music PC. Comments a

dARKSTATe

"Don't be hookin' that badboy up to a 15" bubble.."

lol

Its surprising the number of ppl that skimp out on the display after spending lovely wonga on a kick ass system! If the physical desk space is available then I'd second the 2x17" Flat CRTs or even 19" if you can stretch to it....

The day when decent LCDs are cheap enough.. *sigh*

Other than that.. nice system spec. Here's hoping it all fits together sweet..

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)