aaa cansomebodypickupmythreadonspeechsynths? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: cansomebodypickupmythreadonspeechsynths?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/28             28-Aug-98  @  02:53 AM   -   cansomebodypickupmythreadonspeechsynths?

xoxos

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

i need a speech / voice synth!

there's no market for 'em in tucson, and the ones on the web are nasty (but not the right kind.)

more description in thread - u.s. speakers/speech synths.

thanks! any assistance deeply appreciated.

xoxos.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/28             28-Aug-98  @  05:40 AM   -   RE: cansomebodypickupmythreadonspeechsynths?

buggo

Link?:  No link

the company that made the raveolution 309 has a sort of vocoder/synth thingy out...seemed damn cool from the ad (saw it in this month's "Keyboard" mag) so you might want to check it out. Why can't i think of the brand name? otherwise try the FAT vocorder, or i think roland made some units way back, and possibly korg...

Message 3/28             28-Aug-98  @  06:17 AM   -   RE: cansomebodypickupmythreadonspeechsynths?

aye aye aye! the thing is..

actually, got a vocoder. what i'm looking for is a dedicated piece of software (pref. freeware!) where you type in text and the pc fluffs up a godddawful voice that wiggles due to the funky modulation used in early ware of this nature.
i live in tucson so i never know what's popular, but polygon window/aphex twin's 'surfing..' has a track UT1 DOT that has an excellent example saying something about 'designed by aphex twin program'
kraftwerk use more sophisticated programs that have gender specific voices, ie. 'numbers' or 'electric cafe.'
but anyway what i'm looking for is a program that emulates a 100% synthetic tone, not sampled, like the crappy web shareware i found.
the developmental/educational/resource state of the art has surpassed my aesthetic 'style,' being more 'realistic,' and generally consider the type i need to be proprietary, whereas the non-disablility commercial market is 100% vacant.
i just got my pc, but i remember a friend who had one to announce events on his in 92. my guess is that these programs became so kitschy and ubiquitous that they lost all commercial value, because they seemed to be pc bread and butter a few years back.
ultimately, the thing is i've found one on board a pocket english/spanish translator (it's funny, it really is..) but that's $100 towards new monitors, et c. since i know there's a free program out there somewhere, if i can just find it.
surely someone out there making electronic based music is style oriented enough to have one of these little darlings?

well, thanks anyway buggo
xoxos

Message 4/28             28-Aug-98  @  07:00 AM   -   RE: cansomebodypickupmythreadonspeechsynths?

noteven

Hey dumbass, Aphex Twin has some of his software made for him by students that have something in common with him, their passion for electronic music and creativity. Get some creativity!

out...

Message 5/28             28-Aug-98  @  08:34 AM   -   RE: cansomebodypickupmythreadonspeechsynths?

buggo

ooooooooooooohhhhhh, i see....i know simpletext for the mac (horror of horrors) does that and makes some cool cheezy voices. my friend has a pc prog that does that; he got it for free...i'll ask him what it is and see if i can get a link to it....

Message 6/28             28-Aug-98  @  08:50 AM   -   RE: cansomebodypickupmythreadonspeechsynths?

buggo

ahh here is one....never used it but it should read text aloud; don't know about voice selection:

http://www.download.com/cgi-bin/dl?37405-http://willowpond.simplenet.com/nav/products/willowtalk/wtalktry.exe
did that work?

Message 7/28             28-Aug-98  @  08:50 AM   -   RE: cansomebodypickupmythreadonspeechsynths?

Richie

Or failing that you could try one of those cheesy kids spelling toys they used to (or still do) make, Called something like spellmaster, I remember playing with one in a department store once. You'd just type in a word and it would try to say it.... Of course we spent the whole time putting in swear words! .Very mature....

Message 8/28             28-Aug-98  @  08:52 AM   -   RE: cansomebodypickupmythreadonspeechsynths?

buggo

aha! the link DOES work!

Message 9/28             28-Aug-98  @  08:59 AM   -   RE: cansomebodypickupmythreadonspeechsynths?

xoxos

well then. buggo; that would be fantastic! many thanks.

noteven, humm. there's no need to slight me. personally, as a human being, i occasionally find it useful to utilize the resources made available to me by others. i think of this concept as synergy. i take it upon myself to specialize in one area of production and take it upon myself to rely upon others to do likewise, and we generally all get along.
i presume you weave all your own clothing from hand-gathered fibres and smelt your own ores to build your terminal?
i apologize for my lack of creativity.

some advice: if you ever decide to reenter society, you can nick the pucks in public urinals as a handy piece of soap.

Message 10/28             28-Aug-98  @  09:02 AM   -   RE: cansomebodypickupmythreadonspeechsynths?

xoxos

two messages in thhe time i took to type. thanks, gents!

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)