aaa Throw your VST in the bin - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Throw your VST in the bin

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/28             26-Jul-98  @  06:27 PM   -   Throw your VST in the bin

Rouge

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I used to have the old cubase and that worked okay
although that too had a few bugs but I thought I'd upgrade
and have had some major problems with that piece of crap Cubase VST.

The timing is as fucked as can be yet the timing is
perfect on every other sequencer I have.

The MIDI instrument selector remains blank and unusable
(so I have to write down every MIDI instrument and
select instruments the slowwwww way - program number)

All audio files seem to enjoy crackling throughout the
entire song (and this is just one audio track and one MIDI track)

So, what I say is unless we all get together and sew the pants off
Steinberg then these dumbfuck companies are going to constantly take
the piss with us and flog us dodgy software that doesn't even work!

Why is this thing so fucking hyped - have we all been brainwashed?
I only bought the piece of shit because everyone constantly droned on
about Cubase VST!

Sorry, I'll take my pills now

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/28             26-Jul-98  @  06:34 PM   -   RE: Throw your VST in the bin

Will

Yeah- my mates got VST and he has no end of problems wid it. Don't believe the hype. I think cakewalks a much better way to go...

Message 3/28             26-Jul-98  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: Throw your VST in the bin

daniella

No fucking comment...this could end up in court...STILL noone knows the fate of my fucked up p.c
Steinburg bastards.

Message 4/28             26-Jul-98  @  10:58 PM   -   RE: Throw your VST in the bin

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Yeah, we all know it can be shitty at first, but once you get it worked out on your system there's a lot to offer. You can find timing tips on the web that make a HUGE difference (for instance, set your system preroll really high, mine's 1000 just to be safe, and make sure it's sync'ing to the sample output of your sound card, not to the dma)

Message 5/28             27-Jul-98  @  12:37 AM   -   RE: Throw your VST in the bin

kilo

that first one made me laugh.... heh heh... very funny.....i'll take my pills now... ha hahhh.....

Message 6/28             27-Jul-98  @  12:40 AM   -   RE: Throw your VST in the bin

kilo

where's this pre-roll then ??.........

Message 7/28             27-Jul-98  @  02:53 AM   -   RE: Throw your VST in the bin

splitmod

Options --> Synchronization --> MROS/System Resolution.
There's some instructions on how to configure this for optimal performance in the PDF manual, I think.

Message 8/28             27-Jul-98  @  04:46 AM   -   RE: Throw your VST in the bin

splitmod

Also... This might be pretty obvious but anyway :
There's a bunch of parameters found under Audio --> System that can be adjusted in order to improve MIDI to Audio accuracy. There's the MIDI to Audio delay, in samples, which is useful in case MIDI playback lags behind the audio, and Priority which determines whether Audio gets priority over MIDI or vice versa. For further information consult the 'Optimizing Audio Performance' chapter in the PDF manual.

Message 9/28             27-Jul-98  @  08:27 AM   -   RE: Throw your VST in the bin

kilo

well the preroll aint gonna figure in it unless it's chasing something....... y'know... what i cannot for the life of me fathom, is.... if Sawplus can address 4 soundcards for the last 5 years... why is it such a fucking big deal for these companies to just release the OLD version of the sequencer.... with stable timing... cos all Cubase (without audio) and Cakewalk up to V5 were stable and not fussy at all..... BUT to add simple ability to output to 8 outs or 4 stereo pairs... that is all i bloody well want...... i frankly dont want built in fx & pluggins at all.... just more that 2 outs if possible...... why cant it be done ??>.... shit i tell you if i could add-on Sawplus audio side to Cubase 2.8..... but with the audio tracks marked in bars , i'd be in heaven...... I wish Bob Lentini would freelance for these other companies !!... heh heh..... guys a genius

Message 10/28             27-Jul-98  @  09:08 AM   -   RE: Throw your VST in the bin

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Kilo, the difference with the pre-roll is that the timing is dramatically more CONSISTENT. See, in the asio panel it'll tell you the latency of your soundcard, and since that's your sync reference, it's pretty logical that you'll want to set the pre-roll to AT LEAST that value. i.e. my Gina has a 750 ms latency, so I set the pre-roll to 800-1000.

This is highly recommended on other sites, SOS, and by me.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)