aaa i'se got me a emax - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: i'se got me a emax

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/29             07-Sep-98  @  05:58 AM   -   i'se got me a emax

buggo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

damn, i'm really spending more than i'm earning...but in addition to the 1604 and tx81z i've just ordered an emax se/HD for $350!

oh goody.

(don't ask why i posted this. why not i say? eh??)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/29             07-Sep-98  @  07:00 AM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

You lucky bastard.. I just have the straight up Emax... Fuck, and I talked to this girl who's dad is one of the programmers at Emu, and she said that he said the manuals for the Emax's are $75!!!! Of course, she also offered to buy me anything I want at cost.. Hehehehehehe .. Maybe soon I'll have a review of an E4 ... HAHAHAHA

Message 3/29             07-Sep-98  @  09:51 AM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

bill

did you get the rack version? i wish i had the hd too - can't stand having all those floppies kicking around the place. and buggo, you're buying everything i want to get - and i'm working 9-5 for five days every week. bastard.

seduasa - you want manuals for the emax? they sell them at emu scotland for 20quid - dunno how much it'd cost to fly it to the states, but i imagine that that would be a tad cheaper. if you're interested then i can get you one...

Message 4/29             07-Sep-98  @  10:29 AM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

KILO

9-5 DOESNT PAY TO WELL.......

here;s some emax essentials.....

grab a blank disk and format it.....

setting up a supermode map disk...... supermode map is the way emax assigns channels to presets...
go to sequencer setup-6.... set supermode to ON

go to setup-1 / track status...... set all the 16 tracks of the 'sequencer' to R (record)

hit the record button on the front panel... start the sequencer... stop it again immeadiatly.... you now have 16 tracks of blank empty sequence...

now go to sequencer setup-1 and set all the tracks to M (mute).... now the tracks are all primed to recieve midi channels incoming

go to preset management.... create preset as preset 00..... name it 'blank' or 'empty' or whatever

.go to sequencer setup-2 track-preset.... this is where you assign presets to midi channels.... it is a assign that blank empty preset to all the channels.....

ok... now go to preset management-2...save all sequences and presets..... and save it.... now you have a blank template disk ready to work with .whenever you load up.....

you can load the disk at boot..... set the supermode to ON (check it whenever you boot it needs to be set)....... and are ready with a 16 channel template to work...

to load presets, simply do preset management-1 load preset,.... and assign it to a preset space (it defaults to the first empty space)..... to load a single sample, it's a tad more complexed, cos the eamx loads a preset only..... (which can be a single sample mapped or not)

load a preset containing the sample/s you want..... then go to preset def-1 copy voices......

run up the keyboard, and the root primary or secondary sample will be displayed as you go..... each key is displyed, it shows the sample on that key if any, and what was the root sample it originated from (primary secondary).... ok find the sample you want, or a key with a pitched derivative... and select........ now copy it to a new empty preset, and new key number... simple... copy more samples, then delete the preset from which you copied if you need no other single samples from it.....

you now have the new samples on a new preset..... now you can map them, assign them etc....

or you can sample fresh to a emty preset obviously.....

ok.... now that covers setting presets to channels, and all that..... now..... outputs is the only other arcane one......

choose a preset, that you want to send to a seperate out.... lets say a drum kit with 8 drums for an 8 mono out drum kit set-up..... ok... select preset......

now go to preset-def-2 edit assignment....select a voice - choose your root sample (any samoples derived from the original will also be routed according to the settings made for the originakl sample root selected here......

so....select sample (primary/secondary).... and hit enter... ok... now you can assign it to an output and you can select the key- range that will be assigned to that output with it.....

note: If the right side output is set to 3 say.... you cant assign the left side to higher.... so for setting a drum to out-8....set both CHNS to 8...... to set to out-3 set both to 3.........

Note: setting this does NOT remove the sounds from the master out.... for a sound to play at full 8 note poly at the master outs, you need to set it here to CHNS 1-8.... otherwise it drops notes.....

there are other sections, but that is the main ones as all theothers are pretty obvious laid out as a plan on the front panel.... analog processing for ...er.... well... you get it i'm sure..... but these are the essentials to get you going.....

by the way..... i dunno if you know this,..... but in the master section /special... there is something called midi overfolw,,... now i'm pretty damned sure 9without dragging out the manuel), that this when switched IN allows 2 emaxes to be linked together to get 16 note poly.... i'll have to have alook at that......

anyways... that should keep you going

midi is in pereset def-7

by the way...check out the arpegiiator in preset def..... BIG, and it can clock to midi too.... very nice

Message 5/29             07-Sep-98  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

bill

yeah. i guess it doesn't. well actually it does pay well - just got bigger debts than i have incomings.....mainly due to buying things that i couldn't really afford on my credit card - like the emax in the first place...

just saw an akai s900 for £50 in loot. phoned up the guy straight away, heart punding at thought of a bargain - then he picks up the phone and goes - "the sampler's 350 right" in a really bored/pissed-off voice and hangs up. pity....

Message 6/29             07-Sep-98  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

kilo

nota bad price for what it'll do tho... compared to alot of these new dj type or pocket samplers....

Message 7/29             07-Sep-98  @  04:41 PM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

bill

yeah. but i don't need it really at all - just thought that for 50quid i might as well buy it - there's other stuff i'd rathre spend 350 on right now though....

buggo - when you get all this shit shipped to you, is there any guarantee that it's in ggod working order - like can you get your money back if it doesn't turn up?

Message 8/29             07-Sep-98  @  06:12 PM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

influx

OK kilo- you must not've seen my other inquiry about the emax arpeggiator, so Ill ask you here. What I want to know wis if the arp can be used on a slave synth, while the emax sound engine is running another sound, like drums, without affecting the internal sounds?

So, buggo--did you get that one from the cat at the recycler?

Hey Sedusa-I asked them about a manual a coupla months ago, and they said $20...inflation or did someone f up? DIdnt quite make it to SC this weekend-My car overheated only 20 miles away from home  Just got it,and its definitely got some quirks. Good thing it was free! Ill get up there asap

Message 9/29             07-Sep-98  @  06:15 PM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

kilo

dont think so mate..... i could try it, but i doubt it very much.....

Message 10/29             07-Sep-98  @  07:42 PM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

buggo

influx: yeh, i got it from that guy. He was a well cool fellow!! we talked for about an hour last night, on his dime, and he told me he worked at a music store and as of last year they still had 4 BRAND NEW emax se/hd's on the warehouse floor. he got 2 of them at $250 apiece I think. I was going to talk him down but hell, i felt bad at $350...also he told me since he had the hookup to the store he could still get lots of stuff CHEAP so I could call him if I ever wanted anything and chances are he could find it! (he got a prophecy for $250!!)

and on the subject of money...I work 7-830 every night 5 nights a week...WAH...he he...but think about it, I don't have to support myself on that money, I can do whatever the fuck I like with every penny of it. that's $300 a month for gear. I sort of want to take advantage of that while i can, because i know it won't last forever. (I also haven't bought weed since last year which helps the financial situation!) And essentially this will be my last purchase for a while, while my bank account recuperates and I get a chance to work with all this gear. i have a big enough setup to cut some nice tunes without my computer now, which is really what i wanted...someday i'll buy more shit but not for a while. i need a new drum set first! and a car!!

and on the subject of receiving goods intact, I am paying all of these by COD...No guarantee that they'll work, because you can't look at 'em before you pay for 'em (i always have to pick them up at the post office because I'm never here when the delivery guy comes.) But I talk to people before I order gear from them, and at least for the most part that's a pretty good indicator...I have a pretty good sense of whether people are full of shit, and odds are, most of the people out to sell gear are just like us, just out trying to get more gear, or liquidate a studio, or whatever...not to screw people. Yeah, i know it does happen but I take precautions i feel are reasonable.

(oh, and yes, i got the rack version.)

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)