aaa nOOb need tips for producing dance - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: nOOb need tips for producing dance

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/29             29-Sep-03  @  09:26 AM   -   nOOb need tips for producing dance

DJROYRISER2003

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I'm a DJ and I just got a Electribe Mx (the new blue one) and have no experience at all for producing dance tracks, so any tips would help.
Thanks
Peace,
Dj Roy Riser

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/29             29-Sep-03  @  11:10 AM   -   RE: nOOb need tips for producing dance

Maarten

First check the article section above for basic explanations on MIDI, synth programming etc and then carefully read the whole manual to your electribe I guess, that should be a good start  .

Message 3/29             29-Sep-03  @  11:15 AM   -   RE: nOOb need tips for producing dance

DJROYRISER2003

I actually no how to use the MX, I just neede tips on how to lay out the tracks.
Ie. Should I lay out the beat first?
The melody first?
Bassline first?? etc.
Mostly I am having problems making my tracks sound "fuller", don't know if this makes sense.

Message 4/29             29-Sep-03  @  11:51 AM   -   RE: nOOb need tips for producing dance

Broken Silence

Do you have any musical experience at all?

Message 5/29             29-Sep-03  @  12:36 PM   -   RE: nOOb need tips for producing dance

Dingostema

Link?:  Link

I guess it doesnt really help you but I dont think that anybody really works to a rule regarding what they lay down first. One idea leads to another, Maybe you'll lay down a bassline and from that you start to work on percussion around that groove, other times, a vocal that you recorded will push you to lay down some chords etc

Dingo

Message 6/29             29-Sep-03  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: nOOb need tips for producing dance

k

true - tracks can arrive in many forms - one day you might have a great bassline in your head or you might mess with the drums and find a great beat and develop a groove loop from that beat, then arrange a linear song from that groove etc - but usualy it's the germ of the idea which creates the first loop which can be 4, 8, 16 or 32 bars etc - that then get's turned into a linear song arrangement covering 3-5 minutes or longer by working the groove you created into sections, bring bits in and dropping bits out - as a deejay you know all about that....

is that all the gear U have?... Just the electribe?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/29             29-Sep-03  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: nOOb need tips for producing dance

Deejay deejay

Link?:  No link

My best tip is: Don't call yourself DJ So-and-so. It's sounds so cheesy, naive & shite these days. Honestly.

Message 8/29             29-Sep-03  @  07:00 PM   -   RE: nOOb need tips for producing dance

milan

mm... also, dont let your mate mix your tune if you know you can do better. and also, if he doesnt get it, dont get mad. just find a way to make the situation work out for everyones good.

but it'll take you few years of production and collaboration to find out exactly what i mean... :/

Message 9/29             29-Sep-03  @  10:19 PM   -   RE: nOOb need tips for producing dance

DJROYRISER2003

Yeah the MX is all I have for now, I'm getting a sampler in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the advice everyone, I guess I just need to create my own style of producing tracks. Oh and deejay deejay don't tell me what to call myself because I gig everyweekend DJ'ing so just because it's not working out for you doesn't mean it won't work for other people. Not tryin' to be hostile, just lettin' ya know how it is.

Message 10/29             29-Sep-03  @  10:25 PM   -   RE: nOOb need tips for producing dance

Deejay deejay

Link?:  No link

Well, it's naive and shite regardless of if you are a real working DJ or not. Shite. Naive.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)