aaa Beringher - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Beringher

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/31             30-Aug-98  @  04:09 PM   -   Beringher

roger

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anyone know anything about the Beringher Eurodesks?

I'm thinking about getting the big MX8000 but have heard the cheaper beringher mixing desks are cheap and crackly and not very strong - is this true for the more expensive ones?

Beringher have just been sued by Mackie for imitation so there desks must be pretty good!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/31             30-Aug-98  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: Beringher

buggo

ha ha....yeah, they got sued but their imitation was so fucking cheaply made that the court didn't grant Mackie the judgement...the behringers were too cheap if you can believe it...

i would stay away from beringher because they just seem to look around for a product that works (compressors, mixers, etc) that is made by someone else, and they make a copy, generally a cheap ass one...

Message 3/31             30-Aug-98  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: Beringher

carles

A second hand Tascam isnt a bad choice too .
Check the bests deals and try before buy . I have got surprised that in the same store some things are very expensive and some are really cheap . I say that cause in spain allways audio has been very expensive , but lately some stores have very good deals (and very bad in others LOL).

Message 4/31             31-Aug-98  @  12:09 AM   -   RE: Beringher

roger

I might go for the 26 or 24 channel too. Mic inputs aren't that important - its mainly for MIDI and sampling stuff - and not for taking out live.

What about Spirit - Mackie are just too expensive.

Message 5/31             31-Aug-98  @  02:13 PM   -   RE: Beringher

99devils

I've found that Carvin has great prices on desks... check 'em out at www.carvinguitars.com

I've got one of their Studio Mate mixers, and I love it.

-Craig

Message 6/31             01-Sep-98  @  05:20 AM   -   RE: Beringher

srend2

I use a Mackie mixer but I have some Behringer outboard gear. I take great offense to people's
opinions about the company. The Composer compressor, even though it utilizes a similar chip as the Alesis, tends to outperform any unit similarly priced. I've a/b'd between the composer and the Alesis, dbx, and a shoddy rocktron and it made them all look like a bunch of toys. It maintains a suprising amount of the low end whereas those shite rackmounts by dbx and alesis fart out like they can't hack their job. I also own a virtualizer which has some very usable and very editable presets that I guarantee would please a lot of people's ears. Their desks aren't as bad as people say and sometimes I wish I went in that direction....I just got my Mackie back from their service dept..............a month later. Anyway, who cares.....I just think they are a cool company (like Event).

Message 7/31             01-Sep-98  @  06:03 AM   -   RE: Beringher

buggo

speaking of service centers, does anyone know how to stop faders from crackling when moved?

Message 8/31             01-Sep-98  @  09:09 AM   -   RE: Beringher

Richie

You could try spraying some switch cleaner into the fader....

Message 9/31             01-Sep-98  @  06:24 PM   -   RE: Beringher

rouge

In my 10 yr old Roland synth it crackles when I move the volume knob - is this normal for 'vintage' synths?

Message 10/31             01-Sep-98  @  08:38 PM   -   MX8000

rouge

But don't you think that the Beringher MX8000 is so damn sexy - I have to grab my groin every time I see it in a magazine!

Has anyone tested/used it?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 31 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)