aaa Tempo synced h/w Delay - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Tempo synced h/w Delay

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/32             02-Aug-04  @  03:40 AM   -   Tempo synced h/w Delay

SignalRunners - Andrew

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hey I'm looking into a hardware delay box. Now this might just be a dumb question, but the only way I'll buy a hardware delay box is if it has a tempo-synced delay IE I can set the delay to 4ths, 8ths etc etc.

Are there such units out there?

I dont want anything special, just a tempo synced delay.

How would this bad-bitch be set up? I'd assume if it would happen it would be midi..maybe clock to host sequencer on a midi output from PC..fuck knows I'm probably dead off.

Thanks alot guys

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/32             02-Aug-04  @  07:13 AM   -   RE: Tempo synced h/w Delay

mcc>

i think that's a pretty common feature with most delays these days.
i know my lexicon mpx 100s have that but i just use tap-tempo.....you know... just to maintain my high-standard sloppiness...one less cable and less programming.
basically it's midi-in and you select the parameter.

Message 3/32             02-Aug-04  @  08:41 AM   -   RE: Tempo synced h/w Delay

milan

well yeah, many units will take clock from host today. but you can always use a bpm/ms calculator to sync it yourself

Message 4/32             02-Aug-04  @  09:11 AM   -   RE: Tempo synced h/w Delay

Influx

MPX actually responds to midi clock, too

honestly..have a look at the Line6 Echo Pro, man. Just...try one out if you can. full midi sync, and many many different delay types

digital, of course...but...for the price? shiiiiit. Ive seen em for less than $200 here

Message 5/32             02-Aug-04  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: Tempo synced h/w Delay

craig

Or the TC M-One.

Message 6/32             02-Aug-04  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: Tempo synced h/w Delay

mcc>

the line-6 delay seems to have the greatest array of settings.....and simply looks bitchin....

but i've read unanimous reviews about their distortion claiming it is the noisiest unit around.
so check out those outputs....first.

Message 7/32             02-Aug-04  @  07:29 PM   -   RE: Tempo synced h/w Delay

SignalRunners - Andrew

awesome guys, thanks alot for clearing that up!!

Message 8/32             02-Aug-04  @  08:22 PM   -   RE: Tempo synced h/w Delay

xoxos

my mpx500 syncs like total shit. it's easier just to imitate the sound at regular intervals with your mouth. doesn't warrant the term 'sync' at all.

Message 9/32             02-Aug-04  @  08:34 PM   -   RE: Tempo synced h/w Delay

xoxos

oh.. and you can't enter the bpm.. either has to 'capture' it by 'sinking..' (might provide temporary amusement) or by tapping, which imo is a pos to tap 118 and it comes up 119 oh fuck do it again and give me a fucky knob with it on.

nice sounding unit tho.

Message 10/32             02-Aug-04  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: Tempo synced h/w Delay

Influx

craig...if someone wants just delays, the D-Two would be better in that series than the M-One probably

xoxos...I had an MPX100 long ago, and it seemed to sync up just fine to midi clock...

maybe your clock source is unreliable?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 32 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)