aaa The never never..... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: The never never.....

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/32             03-Jan-04  @  04:44 PM   -   The never never.....

BluStudio

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

how many of you guys are ticked to the eyeballs then?

just been looking at G5's running 002R's and can take one home with a years interest free buy now pay next year thang.......

never took anything on credit studio wise but shit , this is tempting i shouldnt even have went to look - my poor g4 400/001 sitting here still trying to look all shiny.

blu

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/32             03-Jan-04  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: The never never.....

mcc>

Link?:  No link

blu....
if your g4 400 is only trying to look shiny ....what are ya standing there for?
get going!

Message 3/32             03-Jan-04  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: The never never.....

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

This is how it starts. Its a dark road you look toward. I highly recommend saving you money and by the time you have enough it will have gone down in price or there will be something more powerful for the same. You current setup is serving you well, let it continue to do so.

Message 4/32             03-Jan-04  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: The never never.....

RagnarOk

Yep. By the time you pay it back there will be something even more shinier. Dont take the easy path, that leads to the dark side

Message 5/32             03-Jan-04  @  08:34 PM   -   RE: The never never.....

mcc>

everything the wise men say is true.
there's no 2 ways about it.

but there'll always be something shinier.
you have a 400mhz machine and if you're looking for something along the lines of
2 ghz .....there's really no comparison.

if 400 is doing it for you then sure.....stay.
if not..... hey...it's money......whatchya gon do with it? if not buy stuff
to make tunes with??
problem with the g5 is you're gonna have to be ready to upgrade on more than the hardware front unless you're already fully-osX compatible.....
.......sequencer, plug-ins etc.
and therein lies the potential black-hole of spend spend spend.

question becomes: what's darkness but a place to shine a little light upon?
i guess it COULD consume you and swallow you> but i thought we were just talking about
whether to buy a new computer or not?

Message 6/32             03-Jan-04  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: The never never.....

BluStudio

that last post clay, fuckin spot on innit -

theres always gonna be something shinier within a month or two of purchasing a computer, but im ready to spend now, and with that everything the upgrade may entail.

in saying that, not much to talk about really the only real sore point is no Metric halo 'ChannelStrip' for OsX - thats about the only plug i actually cane across every audio track - will be nice being able to have more than 2 or 3 reverbs on the go without having to print the fuckers mind you.

Upgraded convertors on the interface and upgraded software are somthing to look forward to but its a kinda boring upgrade (the best most trouble free kind normally fingers crossed)

Toyed with ther idea of logic and something sexy from the motu range but just gonna stick with waht i know. (know pretty well i reckon)

Also toyed with getting a g4 dual 1.42/1.25 and keeping the same version of PT and 001 (pci slots) but almost the same price as a G5 so seems like not such a good deal

Macworld this week too which peeps reckons gonna unveil new cpu's to put the dual 2.0's at the bottom of the ladder, but by time of production, shipping and troubleshooting.... bah sometimes you just have to say fuck it and dive in.

But yeah anyhow- gonna tick me something shiny this week coming, bring the darkness right the fuck on- i got a fuckin big candle ready ~~~~~~~~~~

blu

Message 7/32             03-Jan-04  @  11:15 PM   -   RE: The never never.....

mcc>

good luck.
let me know if you end up with any os 9 plugs you're interested in selling.

Message 8/32             03-Jan-04  @  11:30 PM     Edit: 03-Jan-04  |  11:31 PM   -   RE: The never never.....

BluStudio

only ever used a few plugs anyhow- mostly all freebies with PT apart from i think 2 that were demos but never ran out (?), and all RTAS, mostly just digidesign suite eq shelfs/compressors n basic shitz, but all superduper ya know.

OsX + PT6 , theres a proper VST translator coming the next month or two, gonna be some proper fucked up beats coming from the Blu household with some of that freebie vst gear floating about - that shit could get right outta hand

blu

Message 9/32             03-Jan-04  @  11:33 PM   -   RE: The never never.....

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

The only sentence in you post that ends in a question mark is, "how many of you guys are ticked to the eyeballs then?"

The computer isn't what you asked about. Debt is what you asked about. Don't confused the two. Computers are loverly shiny things from the panthoen of Gods and the angels in heaven. Debt is an evil corporate scourge upon mankind meant to keep the masses focused on their socio-economic illusions.

If you got the cash I say, "Head on down to the Apple Store!." If you ain't got the dough, don't go. Do this. Add up the interest. Determine how much it adds up to. How much does a Virus cost? How much does Absynth cost? Whatever other piece of kit you've been looking at, how much does it cost?

Message 10/32             04-Jan-04  @  01:01 AM   -   RE: The never never.....

k

i only owe the taxman  

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 32 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)